♛𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧♛

(Clara's POV) (Clara's guest bedroom in the palace)

"Hello, Zack."

To say that Jameson's brother was gorgeous would be an understatement. His mop of black hair and 6ft frame the same as Jamesons almost made them look like twins.

It was their eyes that struck them apart. Zack had black pits for eyes, dark brown and menacing. Jamesons we're magnetic and sparkling.

He was clad in a dark green suit shirt, perfectly fitted to his toned muscles with black suit pants to match. His rings and golden chain reminded me of Jameson's that he wears all the time.

I still thought that even next to him, Jameson still looked more like a god.

His brother looked cold. Not to be stereotypical, but he didn't look like he had a caring heart at all. Jameson may appear to be cold and intimidating to other people, but he's actually the most respectful and caring guy I've met, apart from Xavier of course.

His brother just looked evil. Pure evil. And I saw the way Jameson stiffened when he spoke.

I wonder what happened between them.

I don't know much about their family, but I do know that Jameson and his mum seem to be really close, whilst Jameson and his father had a more civil relationship.

I couldn't quite pinpoint whether he hates his brother, or if this was a usual brotherly relationship between the two.

"I have been awaiting your arrival. We have much to discuss." His eyes scanned Grayson, Tom and Xavier, and then stopped on me. "And who might you be?"

I meet his dark eyes, and I could have sworn that they really were dark pits. He radiated power and even him slightly addressing me made me feel timid and small.

I tried my best to slow my beating heart and swallow my nerves. "Clara Rose." I wasn't sure if I should shake his hand or not so I just stayed where I was.

He extended his hand towards me first. "It's lovely to meet you Clara." His hand was stone cold in mine, giving me chills. He lifted my hand to his mouth and placed a gentle kiss on my hand, meeting my eyes.

I didn't get butterflies, I got unnerving chills.

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe Clara.

I slowly withdrew my hand and gave Zack a small friendly (ish) smile.

Jameson cleared his throat, his eyes having gone a shade darker than what they were a minute ago. "I was just showing them to their rooms so if you don't mind-"

"Oh yes, dinner." Zack put both of his hands behind his back and took a step forward with a sly grin. "I shall leave you all then. See you at dinner." He elegantly strode past us, his dark cologne filling my lungs almost choking me.

He locked eyes with me for a split second, still slightly grinning with his lips in an evil curl before he disappeared down the corridor.

"Okayy...well that was super awkward."

You can always count on Xavier breaking the ice. Jameson just stared after his brother like he was trapped in a daze. I nudged his arm slightly to bring him back to earth, his eyes snapping to mine and then to the guys.

"Let's go." Jameson strode past all of us and we followed suit behind him as he led the way to our rooms. I glanced at his hands and saw they were curled into fists.

"It's okay, he gets like this a lot when his brother is around," Thomas whispered into my right ear as we hung further back from the rest, letting Xavier and Grayson fall into a conversation in front of us. I gave Thomas a sideways glance.