15 - Responsibility

"I'm... I'm kinda scared," Finn admits in a whisper as they and the dummy walk quietly through the dark, dark insides of the gigantic cavern. 

It is very, very quiet inside. There is no sound other than the sound of soft running water. No music. No monsters. And it is dark.

Finn can't help but feel like something's watching them.

Well. We are currently following a serial killer,  the dummy reminds them. 

Finn nods, tucking the dummy under one arm as they push their way through a large patch of stiff reeds several heads taller than themself. The plants sprawl across the entire walkway and completely obscure Finn's vision as they pass through, which isn't something they are particularly happy about. They're relieved when they finally push their way out of them and emerge back onto the path on the other side.

There's our first monster,  the dummy comments.

Finn nods again, noticing the pile of white a couple yards ahead. They stop for a moment to put their mask back on - they'd forgotten to do so earlier - then continue down the pathway, crossing a small bridge that seems to be made entirely out of large pink water lilies. They find that very interesting, but they don't have time to look more closely. The Underground is counting on them.

They pause to touch the pile of dust, their fingers colliding with the RESTORE button, then step back, watching as the white powder swirls into the air and takes the form of a new monster. This one, Finn thinks, resembles a gigantic seahorse, at least twice as big as Finn, hovering in the air somehow and sporting a mane of sleek hair. As the dust condenses and the monster opens its eyes, Finn notes that its face is very horselike as well, and that it has the biggest muscles Finn has ever seen.

The monster blinks, looking shaken.

"Hi I'm Finn nice to meet you need to go hide somewhere now don't let anybody know you're alive okay bye sorry I have to go," Finn informs him.

Nice.

The monster stares at them for a second, then, slowly, his shaken expression shifts into a smirk.

"Hey," he says, and he winks.

Uhhhh...

"Oookay then," Finn says, suddenly feeling extremely creeped out. They turn and start walking away.

"Hey, don't go. You know you don't want to."

Finn can practically hear the wink in his voice. They break into a semi-run, speedwalking across another bridge (wooden, this time), then turning into the next room and moving as far away as possible from the monster's line of sight. They keep walking until they reach one of the cavern's walls, then just stand there, staring at the large yellow bell that's randomly nailed into the stone beside them.

Ewwwww...

"He didn't follow me, right?" Finn whispers, too scared to turn around.

The dummy uses whatever strange sixth sense it possesses to check. Nope.

Finn hesitantly looks over their shoulder, then, finding no one there, makes their way back over to the other side of the room and peeks around the corner.

The monster is gone.

Finn feels an odd mixture of relief that he's no longer there and panic at the fact that they have no idea where he is.

There's another flower bridge directly behind you, the dummy comments. Might be worth checking out before we keep heading down the main path.