judging criteria

There will be 3 rounds

There will be 3 rounds. Books will be read by up to 2 judges, and the average of their score will determine your books placement in each round. No books will be eliminated until after Round 3. Sometimes the best parts of a book come towards the middle or the end depending on how much you've written.

They will read your book in thirds, meaning they will divide your book into 3 different parts and read each part according to the judging period. So the 1st part of your book will be read in round 1 and so on.

At the end of round 3, the judges will give a review of your book. They will critique the plot, your writing style, grammar, etc. They will not be harsh or rude. They will be genuine. I will encourage the judges to be kind and impartial when giving the review.

Note: The criteria worked out well in the previous awards and will be used for these awards as well.

Cover + Title + Summary ( _ /¹⁵ ) :Is the book cover and title eye-catching? Does the summary outline the plot of the book well? Is it too detailed or too vague? Does it use proper grammar and syntax?

Is the book cover and title eye-catching? Does the summary outline the plot of the book well? Is it too detailed or too vague? Does it use proper grammar and syntax?

Plot Introduction ( _ / ²⁵ ) :
Is the plot an original concept? Does it tie into what was written in the summary? After you've read the first ⅓ of the book, does it make you want to continue reading? Does it keep you intrigued?

Character Introduction ( _ / ²⁵ ) :
How are the characters introduced? Are the introductions memorable? Do you get a general idea of what their role is in the plot?

Tone + Word Choice ( _ / ²⁰ ) :
Does the tone of the story match the book's genre? Does the author's style of writing help the plot flow at a good pace? Does the author use their word choice as an advantage to paint a scene?

Grammar + Syntax ( _ / ¹⁵ ) :
Is the proper grammar and sentence structure used (i.e. punctuation, spelling errors, run-ons, etc.)?

)?