2.

Ali walked me down a dark staircase that led to a secret room in the basement of this house

Ali walked me down a dark staircase that led to a secret room in the basement of this house. As we went down the hall I could hear sounds again. It almost sounded similar to the halls of the club as you approached it. The loud beats, the conversations, it was all becoming clearer as I walked.

Finally, a big steel door at the end of the hall was open and I could see a small table. When we actually entered, instead of a small room, it was a bunch of them. Each one had letters on the door. The table in the entrance had a very tiny black tv on it and a few books scattered across the wood. One had a bookmark in it, in the very beginning.

The Great Gatsby

"This is our living room, it's where we all read or hang out. Sometimes we watch tv if Harry let's us."

"Is that his name?" I asked, watching her turn to me. She nodded then turned back to walk further into the hall. I followed after her, my ears twitching anytime I heard a noise. A laugh erupted from a room closest to me suddenly, and then a girl came out of the room to my left. Once she saw us she smiled. She had on a large hoodie and it looked like nothing else. Not unless I couldn't see it.

"Hi Ali," her voice drifted once she saw me.

Her eyes scanned me over, widening. "You must be alaia!"

I smiled at her, nodding my head. The girl turned her attention back to ali who was gesturing to the room the girl had just walked out of. They talked for a moment, not bothering to look in my direction. But I didn't really care. I wanted to find a way out of whatever place I was in. It was dark, gloomy, and awfully cold in this basement.

"This is Samantha and rory's room. You haven't met Rory yet."

My mind went blank again as I was led into the small cramped room. A redhead with freckles was on one of the small beds in the far corner, who I assumed was Rory. The other girl that Ali was talking to was Samantha, at least I thought. I had nothing else to go off of other than the S initial above the door. Each room had letters on the top.

The letters must stand for the names of each girl in each room.

Each room looked the exact same. Much no like the rest of the house, it was bland and without detail. I was brought through each room- only 3. The second room had the letters C, A, and another A. I walked into the room and the only difference this one had was the wall color. It was pink. But like the other two rooms it had small metal beds in each corner. The beds were spaced a few feet apart and each bed had different bedding. All of the pillows were grey however, which bothered me since all the bedding were different.

"This is me and Clara's room. Harry put an extra bed in here a few weeks ago, so this will be your bed." She said, patting the sheets.

My bed was the bed farthest from the door. There were no windows. But Clara had a few posters loosely hung up on the wall with sticky tacks of a few movies I knew of. Ali showed me a closet wardrobe. Each girl got one, mine, of course was empty. But Ali informed me Harry would go get me some clothes sometime soon. I had to make a list of the clothes I liked so he could go get them.

Clara had beautiful summertime dresses hung up in hers. She had little pairs of pants. Ali's wardrobe consisted of sweaters, leggings, flared jeans, and long skirts. Personally, it wasn't my taste. So I was excited to make a list of clothes I could have. It would be the only normal thing left of life outside his house. Maybe I didn't even need to make him a list- I needed to find a way out.

I looked around our room, noticing a few girls walking freely around the corridors.

"We are aloud to walk around?" I asked.

"Only sometimes. During the day our doors are usually opened." Ali answered, shifting through her rack of pants.

"What about at night?" Ali chewed on her lip, taking off a pair of grey leggings from her hanger and pulling them apart to look at them. Her eyes roamed over the pair of leggings, obviously deep in thought. Maybe she didn't even hear me. Ali put them back and grabbed another.

"Our bedrooms are always locked at night. Harry comes in around 9pm to tuck us in and then we are left alone until morning."

"He does that every night?" Ali said yes and followed up with a few other odd details about the man. He loved routines. In the mornings he comes down to greet us, ask us to cook him breakfast but only if he's hungry. He goes to work Monday through Friday but Ali isn't sure the exact times. Some days he gets home later than normal. Harry spends time with his 'girls' often. I cut our conversation short when she got into detail about what his alone time with one of us means.

"He chooses at random," she shrugged.

I am most definitely not staying long enough to be the one to get chosen.

"Another thing you should know about Harry. Don't piss him off. He has a very ugly angry side to him, and trust me, you don't want to be on that end of the stick."

As she turned around I noticed her pull her sleeve over the edge of her arm where a deep rooted scar was slashed down the middle. She turned her back to me, grasping the hem of her sleeve. She continued to shift through her clothes.

She had lots of hoodies, long sleeved shirts, and pants. Her style was different from Clara's. But it dawned on me why she may have so many long clothing items as she kept her sleeve Down to cover what I could only assume was a very long scar since only a small part was peeking out.

I need to get the hell out of here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello guys!
Do you like the book so far because I have great plans for it. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and let me know what you think of the characters.
Love