Sal Vulcano - Imagine

A/N- I'll probably be writing some of my own bc it's fun lol, so this first one is mine

*Your POV

As of two days ago I was fresh out of a long term relationship. A newly broken hearted women but I should've seen it coming. I walked into the bar, hoping to get my mind off of all of it; but when I walked in, it was as if all I had to distract me were my thoughts. It was a ghost town in there. Low light, quiet music, not a single soul was in sight besides the bartender. I made eye contact with him and it would've seemed rude if I left, so I unwillingly stayed.

I walked up to the bar and slouched on my barstool. A single tv was playing with subtitles on it so I figured I could lose my train of thought with that.

"What'll it be?" He asked in a low tone.

"Whiskey."

He lazily turned around and began making my drink. I tapped my fingernails on the wooden counter, anxiously looking around to see if anyone had snuck in. No one did.

"Here," he slid my glass over.

I nodded to him and took a small sip. I hated whiskey, but I needed this. Another sip later, I heard the ring of the door chime. I told my instincts to not immediately turn around and gaze on whoever it was, so I kept my composure and let the ice cubes clink on the glass before I subliminally swiveled my neck.

A man who looked around my age came in. He seemed like he was looking around for someone but eventually came to the conclusion he just had to settle for a seat at the bar.

I heard the bartender take his order but I couldn't hear what he got. I tried to ignore it best I could. There wasn't an atom in me that wanted to socialize; given the situation.

The man received his drink and we sat; in silence. Far away from one another. And after each sip, the empty quietness grew more and more awkward.

I could tell the man kept taking glances at me and to be honest I was doing the same. He was handsome from what I could see. I saw him in my peripheral vision stand up and walk over to where I was sitting. He leaned himself against the counter and once he (I believe) conjured the confidence, he sat right next to me.

"Sal," he held his hand out.

I look at him, then at his hand. I took his shake and finally caught a clear look of his face. He really was cute. Dark hair, light eyes, full smile.

"y/n," I smiled in return.

"Nice to meet you y/n," he let go of my hand and took up his glass.

"You too Sal," the quietness returned.

"So, what brings you here?"

"I broke up with my boyfriend a couple days ago," I looked into my glass.

"Sh*t, I'm really sorry to hear that," he was waiting for me to meet his eyes again.

"No it's okay, he was a d*ck anyways," I chuckled lightly.

He took in a deep breath and exhaled, "If it makes you feel better, I think I got stood up."

"How come?" I asked.

"She was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago," he checked his watch, "you don't just not show up and have no follow up 'I was in traffic' or some bull sh*t text like that."

I laughed, "I guess you're right. Well, you're more than welcome to sit with me if you want," I offered.

"That's what I was hoping for," he winked, "Can I uh, buy you a drink or anything? I feel terrible for the, you know, break up," he coughed out. Careful not to trigger any tears.

I couldn't help but smile at everything this guy said, "Sure," I chuckled, "if you want to, that would be nice."

He ordered me a vodka cranberry, "I love those!"

"Really? I guess I already know you," he smirked.

We chatted a bit about our days while my drink was being made. And both of our days were filled with; nothing. Finally my drink was made and I took the biggest gulp I could.

"Damn," Sal laughed.

I cringed at the vodka and squinted my eyes while my tongue flared out, "Yeah, I never get used to it," I talked through my disgust. I could feel Sal was confused, "I don't drink a lot," I explained and he nodded his head slowly.

"So I was wondering, if sometime-"

I interrupted his question, "I don't think so. I'm flattered but I don't think I can," Yes I did. I really wanted to go out with him but I felt dirty finding someone else this quick.

"Alright, I understand," he took his sip of his drink slowly.

We sat in that unavoidable silence once more. I felt horrible; even more horrible. After a couple more sips I came up with a way that might ease the tension.

"Can I buy you a drink? Or make it up to you. For all the, keeping me company and buying me this," I gestured to the drink.

"Hm," he smirked, "a drink would be nice but I have something better."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Let me take you out?" He smiled as I let out a laugh.

"I walked right into that," I shook my head.

I sat and tapped my glass with my nails in thought, "Okay," I grinned, "it's a date."

He smiled to himself, "It's a date."