Leonardo Dicaprio (Howard Huges) - Imagine

- September 8th, 1939

- Your POV

I was his it girl. Not many girls were lucky enough to say they were dating their celebrity crush, but I was. And not many girls were lucky enough to say they were the love of their celebrity crushes' life, but I was. I was the arm candy on Howard Hughes. Anywhere we went, the men drooled and awed and women scoffed in jealousy. Many tabloids even read that I was just a fill in or just a side woman to the others he had stashed around town, but they knew nothing of Howard and mine's private life.

"You'll never believe it," he came walking in excitedly, taking off his coat.

"What is it Howard?"

"Just when I thought TWA was my biggest accomplishment, we're about to start building many, many more planes," he laughed.

"Oh Howard!" I jumped from the couch and latched my arms around his neck.

"It's gonna be amazing y/n," he rubbed my back, "We already have so many blueprints and ideas going. This, y/n, is going to be the way of the future. The future of aviation!" he began rambling as he often did, when a thought came to me.

"Howard?" I asked quietly amidst his passionate explanation.

"What y/n?"

"I'm very happy for you, but this means you'll be gone more, right? Flying more planes?"

"Well of course, how else 'er we supposed to test 'em?"

"Howard," I drew out his name so he'd understand the concern in my voice, "you'll be gone more," I almost whispered.

He seemed to begin to understand and walked calmly over to me. He picked up my hands and looked intently in my eyes; with purpose, "Y/n, sweetheart, you know I'm safe. This is my field, I'm always safe. Don't you worry about me not coming home to you," he winked.

"What're you talking about?" I asked.

He walked over to his coat that was draped over the arm of the couch and dug in the pocket on the inside. He perked when he felt something and extracted it. A small black box was in hand and he walked back over, "This, is for you," he smiled gently and handed it to me.

I looked up at him with a curious grin, he always did love to surprise me with little tokens of affection. I opened it and a small golden airplane pendant on a dainty gold chain lied on top of the velvet.

I gasped and met his eyes, "Howard," I began.

"You like it?" I snatched the box and took out the necklace, "It's so when I'm gone, you just take one good look at this little airplane and know I'm right there," there was pride in his statement and he knew he had done well picking this out.

He lightly slipped the chain out of my hold and turned my shoulders so my back was to him. He skimmed his fingers across the back of my neck to move my hair out of the way and fasten the necklace. Once it was on, he placed my hair back where it was and ran his hands firmly down the sides of my arms, leaving a trail of goosebumps as his fingertips lost contact with my skin. I turned back to face him with longing in my eyes. Howard's lustful touch alone cause my mind to drift with my imagination.

"I love it," I assured in utmost admiration, almost at a loss for my own breath. I felt for the small airplane that now sat upon my chest.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course Howard, it's beautiful. Thank you," I leapt once more into his arms and kissed him passionately.

"Why don't we celebrate tonight?" he suggested, fixing his hair in the mirror.

"That sounds lovely," I smiled warmly and latched onto my pendant.

He noticed and grinned as he looked down with his hands stuffed in his pockets, "I knew you'd love it," he paused, admiring me, "And every time you hold onto it, you just remember that when I come back I'll take you flyin'," his smile grew and I felt a jerk of joy explode in me.

I quickly walked towards him and locked my arm in his aggressively as he carefully placed his hat back on his perfectly greased hair.