Johnny Depp (Jack Sparrow) - Short Story

- Another original from me :)

Every uncharted adventure led him back to the sea. Another town where his wanted picture was plastered everywhere, and another sea he had already sailed for the 20th time. The inevitable, what he thought was impossible, time came around. The waters he once obsessed over, became dull. The waves weren't roaring, the rocks and islands were all too familiar. Jack Sparrow, captain of the Black Pearl, known as trouble wherever he docks. He stood at the wheel, almost disgusted by the tiresome oceans. He grabbed a hold of the wheel with both of his filthy wrapped hands and attempted to shake it out of frustration.

"I'm tired of it!" he shouted.

"Tired of what Captain?" Ragetti, one of Jack's crew-mates inquired.

"This," he squinted his eyes and stretched out his arm, almost to showcase the vast sea in front of them, "I need something more," he said to himself.

"There's a town just ahead Jack. Should we dock?"

Jack rolled his eyes, it looked the same as every other town they had docked in. Gray and red roofs with palm trees surrounding its boarders. He snatched his telescope that was compacted into the side of his belt. And the more he looked around, the closer he got, he realized something of significance.

"Bring me my map," he ordered the other crew-mate, Pintel.

He brought him the crinkled and distressed map. Jack took it, and brought out his compass, setting both on a flat surface. He placed the map down and pointed the compass in the direction of the approaching town.

"I don't believe it," Jack whispered.

"What is it Captain?"

"Head north, straight for the city," he commanded them.

As the ship was nearing the city, Jack couldn't believe it. They had never been there before. An undiscovered territory. Something; anew. Jack could feel the exhilaration coursing through his flesh, it was enough to dive into the water and swim to shore. He just couldn't seem to understand how it was possible they had never been there before.

They docked somewhere secluded, where no civilians or law could spot them. The rest of the crew was to stay on the ship and keep guard, while Jack, Pintel, and Ragetti would scout out the district. All of them walked along the shore when Jack spotted something glimmering beneath the water. He frowned in confusion as he knelt down to identify the object.

"Wait," he stopped the men.

"What is it?"

"This," Jack had to pull the rest from under the sand in the water before he could get a closer look at it.

"Looks like a necklace," Ragetti stated the obvious.

"Is it now?" Jack smiled in sarcasm, annoyed by his stupidity.

He rubbed the front with his thumb, exposing the design on the front. It was a golden heart locket. Remarkable detailing on the front. Jack noticed the latch and opened it. Inside was a photograph; a very old photograph. How it survived the water and remained in decent condition was a mystery. It was a photo of a woman. Her hair was in tight curls, all pinned to the top of her head. Large doe eyes, slender nose, graceful lips.

"Who is she?" Jack asked himself. He was enveloped in whoever this woman was.

"Who cares? This could be worth a lot!" the two men were giddy at the thought of some extra coins.

"I need to find this woman," Jack asserted, not entertaining the thought of selling it.

The men didn't probe anymore and followed Jack. He needed to be cautious. Figure out a strategy of asking the town's people, but if they happen to know him, not cause another dispute on another island. Jack and his mates walked into the middle of town square and not a single soul was interested. How? Three very obvious pirates sticking out, and not one person seemed to notice.