Book of Boba Fett- Short Story

- original from me

* Boba's POV

I had been trekking the sand sea for weeks and I hadn't found a single breath of life besides my own. The Tuskans that had taken me into their tribe were massacred and I was the only one left. I sat upon my bantha and had no objective of where I was supposed to end up, but I went. And went. And went. Until what I was beginning to deem as impossible, transpired.

Beneath the dunes, various pieces of brown fabric were visibly escaping through the sand. I was weary of the inexplicable object and halted my bantha. I latched onto my Gaderffii staff and slipped off to cautiously head towards it. My stealth was keen and my staff was ready to strike at any moment. I gingerly tapped it with the tip of my staff and retracted it back to wait for its retaliation. But there wasn't one. Once again, I poked at it but only an assortment of faint groans was discernible.

I continued to clutch my staff, but I knelt down and brushed the sand to unveil it's contents. It began moving and it was then that I could ascertain just what was lurking right beneath the surface.

"Hello?" I called out, but the only response was the foregoing groans.

Hastily, I tore through the layers of sand with my hands to tangibly expose the human. The more sand I was able to brush off, the more clear it was that this was a woman. Once I had removed the most sand that I was able to, I recoiled back on my knees. She was in fatal shape. Her face bore the gashes of a most heinous cause. I set down my staff and attempted to lift her out. She cried and wailed the more my hands touched her.

"Who are you? What is your name?" I asked as I set her up against my bantha and prepared water.

"Natahar Asttati," she choked through her throat. I had never came across a name like hers, and I wasn't prepared to ask her any more until she had regained strength.

I placed the bowl in her hands but she refused, her impaired arm was lifted and her finger feebly pointed down to her legs. The silence was heavy as I gazed down to find open wounds and exposed flesh all throughout the lower half of her body. She was in no position to drink, much less live. I looked into the distant horizon and found the city of Mos Espa just before the sunset. It was her only chance of survival.

I hoisted her up on my bantha and went on my way to the town. The whole journey was filled with nothing but the most ghastly cry's and aches. I felt pity for the woman, this sand sea was no place to be dying alone. At last we reached our promise land and I found the city's Mod Artist who graciously took her in.

I stayed. All night. As I suspected, her legs were no longer functional. So the artist inserted a number of parts to make up for the lack of muscle movement she ceased to have. It was sunrise and I was awoken to a push on my arm. The beaming morning sun was blinding my eyes before I could distinguish who was standing before me. It was the woman.

"You're finished?" I asked the artist as I scanned the woman up and down. She was brilliant, I hadn't seen such intricate machinery in a human before now.

"Only took all night," he grinned as he held out his hand for his payment.

I took the small brown pouch out of my pocket and lied it on the table that she got up from, "50 credits. It's all I have."

His eyes looked into mine with a glimmer of contentment, "Next time, 100," he snatched the pouch off the table and smiled.

I walked out of the parlor and intended to head on my way. I heard steel footsteps coming after me and I stopped where I was.

"Wait!" the woman called. I turned to face her.

"What is your name?"

"Boba Fett."

"Boba Fett," she began, "I owe you my life. I'm in your debt," she knelt down.

"No, please," her eyes gazed up with deep confusion.

"You don't need any assistance? I know about you Boba Fett. I was only a little girl when the empire fell, but I remember you. I've lived Mos Eisley my entire life."

"Seems like you should head back then," I lifted myself on my bantha and looked down at her, "I don't need assistance Natahar."

She fell to her knees as the machinery clanked on the foundation, "Please, I'm begging you. Let me help," her hands folded into each other.

"Goodbye. I wish you a safe journey on your way back to Mos Eisley," I rode off, ignoring her desperate pleads.

_

* Time skip to the last episode of the Boba Fett Series

This Rancor I was gifted was going to be the death of me and the citizens of Mos Espa. There was no taming his appalling wrath, despite having the best of Tattooine on my side. My trust was guarded with Fennec and the Mandalorian, but I was beginning to doubt our own power in this situation.

Amidst the calamity, I was observant of the civilians scattering about the ravaged streets. The dread on their faces as they seemed to have met their doom. One face stuck out from the rest, and I was sinking into reality as my gaze fell on her. Natahar Asttati. There was no terror on her face. She glared at me with abhorrent eyes as the town's people bumped and rushed into her, she wasn't phased by any of it. I saw just within her stare that she felt betrayed. She recognized that I had found Fennec and she was chosen as my accomplice. I knew in the buried part of my conscious that I was as good as dead to her. That didn't seem to matter as I watched the Rancor's fateful arm come swinging down maximum speed in her direction. In my instincts, I blasted my pack and strained as much gas as I could to fly to her in time.

Even in my apparent movement, she was completely dulled of any reaction. I felt the hatred seethe in her body as I swiftly lifted her from the conniption of the arm. Although she had been rescued from the blow, I was not. The end of the Rancor's hand struck my foot and we both went down plummeting. I gripped on to her tightly and pressed her into my torso so I was the one taking the impact. We hit ground and she climbed out of my embrace. I was regaining awareness as I could hear her muffled tone.

"Boba Fett," she announced through the grit and anger of her teeth, "I thought you worked alone?"

"I thought you lived in Mos Eisley?" I retorted, standing up on my feet.

"I had no one to take me back and I've been here. Alone."

"My apologies, but we have a more serious problem right now," I didn't give her a chance to respond as I blasted away and continued my fight. I had no idea or cares about where she went after that.

A long while later, the Rancor was tamed by the Mandalorian's small companion, Grogu. The fight ceased and I felt the first sense of peace that seemed to have been robbed of me. I had stayed inside the quarters with Fennec when the Mandalorian made an entrance

"Boba Fett?" I turned around as he brought her forward. Natahar. A devilish smile sat upon her mouth, "I found this woman in the street, I believe you could find some use of her."

My mind was concaving with frustration, "What do I have to do to get you to leave me?" I spat.

"I'm in your debt. Boba Fett," she mockingly bowed.

Fennec, who was standing guard behind me leaned forward, "Who is she?"

I kept my glare on her, "A mistake I made before I met you."