『¹』

“ impossible loves,
make the best stories ”

...

■ Delhi, 2012.

He looked at himself one final time in the mirror, wearing his watch, he felt her presence in his room, her feminine scent was all around him. He took a deep breathe and turned around to see her standing infront of him smiling more like showing him that all her teeths are in place.

"What are you doing here?" He raised his eyebrow in question and then her smile turned even more wider.

"What are you doing here Tehreem?" He was getting impatient now with her childish behaviour.

"Tai Ammi wanted to meet me." He breathed deeply at her Reply and then looked at her suspiciously, "then what are you doing here in my room?" He took a step towards her just to intimidate her, but, she took two steps closer to him, blocking his view. They were standing too close and this closeness was making her feel more confident, after all she was invading his personal space.

"Tehreem move out of my way." He growled and she just shrugged her shoulders.

"Hadi.....I love you." Tehreem looked deeply into his furious brown eyes and before he could say anything harsh she ran out of his room like Shatabdi express.

"Shit shit." Hadi shouted looking at the door, where there's no trace of her but the sound of her anklet is still echoing in the walls of Bakht Mansion.

Tehreem was running, twirling and flying her duppatta in the air, she would've done this a bit longer but she collided with someone. She looked at the person standing infront of her, her face turned pale.

"Ammi." Her mother was looking at her with anger, "What were you doing in his room?" Her mother twisted her elbow, walking towards Their portion of the house.

"Ammi..."

"What were you doing in his room? Didn't you know how many guests are in the house right now and all you do is fly around him like a bee. Tehreem stop behaving like a kid now. You're eighteen not eight years old." Her mother was continuously brainwashing her About how bad her behaviour was.

"Ammi!!!! I promise i will not go near him again." Tehreem was now crying due to the continuous lecture and the beatings.

"Tehreem why don't you understand everybody talks about you and him in a wrong way. My sweet little daughter you don't know him...."

"Ammi but I didn't go their to meet Hadi Bhai..... Tai Ammi wanted me to help her in kitchen....." Tehreem lied like a professional liar and her crocodile tears was adding more Perfection to it, but she forgot that she was talking with her mother, who knows her inside and out.

"Tehreem you don't know him...stay away from him."

"Okay Ammi."

She just nodded plainly and her heart felt heavy. She closed her eyes and took a deep breathe.

...

Be-baat khud pe marne lagi hoon
Marne lagi hoon
Be-rok aahein, bharne lagi hoon
Bharne lagi hoon
Chahat ke chheetein hain
Khaare bhi meethe hain
Main kya se kya ho gayi
Zara zara fitrat badalne laga dil mera
Zara zara kismat se ladne laga dil mera.....