『⁴』

" bura kahta hai mujhko
ye zamana maine maana hai
na jaane kyu usse tujhse
nahi koi shikayat hai "

...

Her hands were running fastly on the keyboard, her face blooming with happiness and her lips curved in a beautiful smile.

I miss you.
I miss you.
I miss you.
I miss you.

She was continuously typing only one sentence. If only she knew what she is doing, she would've laughed at her madness. Missing someone who left her without saying a proper goodbye?

Her fingers would've continued the same session, but a message popped in her chat box, her heartbeat raced fastly.

Whose this?

Deewani.

Deewani Kon?

Tumhari deewani.

Are you playing a prank with me
Miss Deewani?

I'm missing you.

Who are you?

Tumhari Deewani.

She closed the chat box and opened his profile on Facebook. She clicked on his profile picture and a smiling face appeared on the computer. She placed both her hands on the table and put her chin above them, admiring his every feature.

He hass grown up to be a handsome man, undoubtedly. He has a French beard now and his muscles were too bulky now. She was tracing her fingertips on the picture, a lone tear fell of her eyes. She would've cried but she didn't.

"Rayyan."

"I miss you so much."

Afeerah closed of the tabs and started typing her thesis again. She always does this. Open her computer to do something else but often end up stalking Rayyan khan and tonight she finally get the courage to message him. But that turned out to be a disappointment. She couldn't hear Rayyan's voice and see his face, this meaningless chat was nothing.

jaane kab tak teri tasvir nigahon mai rahī
ho gayi raat tere aks ko takte takte
maine phir tere tasavvur ke kisi lamhe mai
teri tasvir pe lab rakh diye ahista se.

....

"Saman Begüm."

"Oo Saman Begüm."

Salma khanam appeared in the kitchen so suddenly, freaking out Saman Begüm and in this play of fear, the glasses tray broke into tiny little pieces.

"Khanam..." Saman Begüm placed a hand on her racing heartbeat. She was still thinking about the jinn which has possessed her daughter and the suddeness caused by Salma khanam made her react this way.

"Ohho saman Begüm hadd karti ho. Mai tou sirf itna puchne aayi thi. Afeerah ke rishte ka kya bana." Salma khanam sat on the floor and started collecting the pieces of broken tray. Seeing her moping, Saman Begüm also joined her on this mission.