1 - All in the past

If you are reading this, yes I keep my promises. This is a rewrite of the story. Enjoy, or don't. It's your opinion.

__________

Perseus Jackson, the demigod daughter of Sally Jackson and the god of the sea, Poseidon. Being a demigod sounds fun. You get cool powers and learn to fight. Sure, it's all fun and games until you watch your best friend and lover get ripped into two pieces by some crazy goddess that wants to kill all life on earth so that it can restart the age of, well all life.

And then, of course, there are the gods. They don't care about us - excluding a few - and all they see are tools to use in a war. And once they are broken or worn down, they get thrown on a pile of scrap metal and other broken tools.

Then you get the worst of the worst of deities. The fucking assholyness of any being. The gods' forsaken fates. Stupid old hags. If I, the author of this story could just get my hands on those-

Anyway, back to the old hags. They barely allow any demigod to live past the life of twenty. It's like they want to test Percy Jackson's willpower until she finally breaks. Why must the fates be so selfish? Why must they kill off all the people she cares about in this world?

Maybe it would be easier just to end it all herself. She's pretty sure the gods won't mind. Would her mom even care? She's sure she would. Percy still has her cousins, Thalia and Nico. But they have their things to worry about. Nico helps his father in the Underworld where he spends most of his time. And Thalia was occupied with the hunt. In all honesty, the only time they see each other, they are fighting a war or some other dangerous thing.

All these thoughts pile up in Percy's head, making her confused about what is happening. She still gets nightmares now and then, but it gets barely any reaction out of her. Sometimes her dreams are so vivid that she forgets the difference between her dreams and reality.

She misses her wise girl. The image of her being cut in half from shoulder to waist is forever engraved in her mind. All her blood, making a pool around her body, and some of her organs lay around her body.

After that, Percy doesn't remember anything. Her vision turned red and then nothing. She woke up to a destroyed camp and trees. Demigods are buried under a layer of dirt and wet mud. It was like a cyclone and tsunami hit at the same time. There probably was, but she doesn't remember.

Thinking back, she does remember waking up to immense pain, stabbing all over her body.

________________
Eight days before meeting with the gods
________________

Waking up to a stabbing pain all over her body, she let out a groan in protest. 'What happened?' she asked herself as she pushed herself up into a sitting position.

She wasn't sure what happened. But, it sure seem like some kind of large battle happened, seeing as no trees could be found in about a mile radius from her. 'Did I do this? If so, what happened to the other demigods?'

All of a sudden she felt very light-headed. The world around her started spinning at a fast pace and she started to sway from side to side in her sitting position. Then the world went black once more.

The next time she woke up, she could feel being moved, her arm around the person's shoulder. Straining to open her eyes she caught the sight of the ever-changing colored eyes. She instantly knew who it was, but she was too tired to force out a word and fell back into the world of darkness.