Chapter 6 [Count Sheep]

Slowly, quietly, and as carefully as you could, you turned the doorknob just a little bit so that you could take a peek.

Looking both ways, left and right, you had a relieved exhale then freely opened the door. 

You

"It's clear."

You guys searched the rest of the building, all you saw were loads of papers, desks, and chairs.

Scaramouche

"So... In the end, there's really nothing that got us closer to home?"

You

"No... But, there are still places we need to check. We can look there tomorrow when the time comes."

Scaramouche

"Do we really have to wait that long?... We've already spent hours on searching for something to help, just to find out there was actually nothing at all."

You

"... Which is why we should all just rest and then continue tomorrow. Or what, Scaramouche doesn't like the sound of it?"

Scaramouche

"Just-"

Childe

"Scara, they're right. I'm exhausted. Xiao is too."

Scaramouche

"Wh- Xiao hasn't even said anything!"

Childe

"Well, you can clearly tell he's exhausted, look at his face."

Xiao

...

You

"Yeah... Look, that room's pretty spacious. We should rest there for the night, and head out in the morning."

Scaramouche

"Didn't you say it was too dangerous during the day?"

You

"So you'd rather just wait here for another... What? 12 hours, maybe even more, and then go out? Plus, by morning I mean like we leave early in the morning while it's still dark. Then we'll hide in another building."

Luckily, the spacious room you chose to stay in had two sofas. But, that did mean that only two people would be able to have a kind of comfortable rest that night out of all 4 of you. 

You

"... It's up to you guys. I'll sleep on the ground."

You backed away from them, not wanting to be included in their quarrel. 

Xiao

"Me too. I shall sleep on the ground."

Right as Scaramouche was about to ramble about the sofas, the decision had already been made, as quickly as you didn't expect it. 

You

Hm. That's quite surprising.

Although the building was a little chilly, you were able to get some rest. For all of you, it was a long and exhausting day. You loaned Xiao your bag so he could use it as a pillow, and you just slept on your hand, leaning on it for support. It was rough ground.