Chapter 7 [Keys]

Paper

"The subject is still trying to bite people on day 14. We've prepared an antidote in case things get out of hand... Or, should we say, it has already occurred."

You

"Antidote!"

You yelled out. Everyone's heads turned to you, they quit searching around the room and rushed over to your side to read the paper.

Scaramouche

"Childe, move!"

Childe

"What am I doing?!"

Scaramouche

"You're head's too fat!"

Xiao

"Enough."

You

"Okay- Quiet!"

You then carefully read the rest of the paper.

Paper

"One of our research subjects has vanished. They were reportedly featured on the news as the first to begin spreading whatever it is... I'm stumped as to what to call it. They bit a high school student first, and because that student was in such a large environment, other students were infected at such a rapid rate. The Council discovered us accountable for this disaster, therefore we no longer have our antidote. We're all going to suffer because they don't know how to use it."

You

"Damn, that's dark."

Xiao

"I suspected that there would at least be an antidote. Every virus has a solution. That's how it works."

Childe

"So all we need to do is go to that Council thingy, get the antidote, then we'll be good, right?"

You

"Well-"

Scaramouche

"How does that help us though? That doesn't bring us closer to home."

You

"I was just about to say that, Scara, why'd you have to steal my words?"

Scaramouche

"Oh I dunno, but you deserve it."

Xiao

"Scaramouche, we should still get the antidote."

Scaramouche

"... Why?"

Xiao

"Just in case any of us turn into one of the Infected. It would also allow Y/N's universe to be restored. If they're going to help us get home, then we might as well return the favour by helping their world too."

You

"Huh? Oh no, you guys just gotta get home. This universe can literally die for all I care."

Childe

"What... How could you say that?... Don't you love your home?"

You

"Pfft, no? You don't know how many people are mistreated by the Council in the Underground. But I'll still stick with the idea of getting the antidote, but just for us and the people of Teyvat who may have turned into one of the Infected. I don't want this to spread in your universe."