Chapter 12 [32nd Floor]

You took a few steps forward and carefully opened the door, checking to see if the coast was clear. And, of course, it wasn't. But you reasoned that as long as they didn't see you or that you didn't make any noise, you'd be safe. Which you concluded was correct because it had been that way for the previous week.

So, you told the others to carefully walk behind you with taking the lightest footsteps that they could ever take, but Scaramouche's feet were SO. FUCKING. LOUD

Every Infected's head jerked around wildly, and all eyes were on the five of you. And now, all of you were hurrying through the building, your eyes darting all over the place as you tried to find a secure place to hide because of Scaramouche's noisy ass feet.

You

"Over there!"

You noticed an empty room, but honestly, it most likely wasn't even empty. All of you ran in there, you slammed the door shut as you were the last one to get in. 

You

"Phew... Everyone's here, right?"

Scaramouche

"Aww come on, this is just like last time!"

You

"Okay!... Okay... I know how much Scaramouche's gonna complain, so how about we just... Go out there and kill them all?"

Hu Tao

"We have to kill them?!"

There was some kind of growl in Hu Tao's voice that kind of scared you to be honest.

You

"Well- Do you want to?!"

Hu Tao

"... I... Don't know. I-I mean- Are we just supposed to slash this thing at them?"

You

"Well, specifically at the neck. If you don't go for the neck, it doesn't die."

Hu Tao

"Ah... Ahaha... I see."

Scaramouche

"Yeah! Let's do it!"

Xiao

"No. Things will get messy."

Childe

"I'd hate to take sides but... Scara, I'll have to agree with Xiao on this one."

You

Shit... Nobody's gonna agree with each other here. "Fine. To keep all of you safe, how about we all make our way to the top floor in like... A certain way?"

Childe

"What do you mean by a 'certain way'?"

You

"Like... We all hold hands just so that nobody gets left behind."

Hu Tao

"Oh? Sounds like a plan to me!"

Xiao

"As foolish as it sounds, it might just work. I can arrange the spots. Y/N will go in the front since they're experienced in battling the Infected, they can rid of any enemies in the front. The person who trails after the number one spot that Y/N holds is Childe, who will rid of enemies who may be following us from behind. As for I, Hu Tao and Scara, I say that Hu Tao stays in the middle as she isn't as experienced, Scara goes behind Y/N since he's reckless but yet still better at handling a blade than I am, so I shall stay 4th in line."