Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:

HEY, SISTER

Andrea silently slipped out of the huge window, landing on her feet without making a sound and going undetected by anyone in the estate of the Kiramman household, just like she had been instructed by the councilwoman. The brunette found the instruction hilariously ironic; she could make deals with Zaun scum, but God's forbid anyone should find out she stooped so low.

Dusting her pants, her dark eyes fell on the colourful bracelet on her right arm, it was a gift for her nineteenth birthday that was just a few days ago. She stood there, taking a moment to appreciate the blue and pink beads in the clear sunlight of the topside, it did not compare to the non-existent light of the undercity. Perhaps she spent too much time daydreaming, admiring the bracelet because next thing she knew there were footsteps coming her way. And it was too late to hide. All Andrea could do was reach for one of the many knives strapped underneath her coat, holding it in front of her, wondering how she could explain a murder outside the Kiramman estate to Silco. He wasn't even supposed to know she was here in the first place.

As the footsteps came closer, Andrea tightened her grip on the knife. But when a grey furred cat run past her, the footsteps stopped.

"Hello, darling. Hungry aren't you?"

The brunette let out a breath, relaxing her posture ever so slightly at the accented voice. She hadn't been caught after all. Now, that the girl was busy, was the perfect opportunity for her to make a run for it, but curiosity got the best of her, and she took a small peek at the owner of the voice.

She shouldn't have.

She fucking shouldn't have.

Andrea tried to walk away, she really did, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't take her eyes off of the girl. She had shoulder-length hair, the colour of ink, framing her face - Andrea doubted she had ever seen a face like that, all sharp edges and high cheekbones but so soft and sweet at the same time. Unconsciously she lowered her knife when the girl's eyes looked up, and Andrea got a glimpse of the bluest eyes she had ever seen, and she was lost.

"Caitlyn!"

The girl turned at the shout of what was obviously her name, giving the grey coloured cat a few more strokes behind the ears she got up and went inside the mansion leaving Andrea alone.

She hadn't seen her, Andrea realized in relief, setting her palm over her chest to calm her racing heart. It was adrenaline, she just got a big scared she was discovered, that's why her heart was beating like crazy, her blood pumping in her ears. Definitely no other reason.

Her heart was going to burst out of her chest, and yet she yearned for just one more glimpse of the Kiramman girl. She had taken some time to stroll through the mansion without Cassandra or anyone else noticing, she could make a pretty accurate guess of where her room was located.