Chapter Fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

A MATTER OF TRUST

When Andrea started to come to her senses she immediately felt nauseus, she had this weird feeling like everything was in the middle of a tornado, but when she opened her eyes she simply realized that the reason behind this instability was due to the fact that she was being carried- for the most part, she was sure the blood loss had some part to play in this.

"Get the fuck off me!" she grunted, pushing the person's head away and jumping to her own two feet, clutching her side. The man, a Vastaya almost familiar to Andrea who had seen him around with his child once or twice, looked at her in concern, opening his mouth to reason with her, but when Andrea held her arm out to silence him, he did as he was told. He knew his place, and he knew hers.

Once assured that the man wouldn't try to get closer to her and touch her, the battered woman let her hand fall limb to her side, nodding in approval before making her way through the base to reach her room. She was thankful it was dark and everyone was asleep, so no one would see her in this state.

Finally, she reached her room, taking a look around at the mess of books stacked everywhere, except the desk she had in the middle of the room. That was solely occupied by towers and towers of paper.

"Fuck, it's a mess in here," she mumbled, stumbling towards the desk. Clutching the chair with her free arm to support herself, she sat down, or more like fell into a sprawl. "I have to clean up..." she scowled, pulling her hand away from her wound and holding it up.

Looking at her hand she was surprised to see so much blood trailing down her palm. Turning her head to throw a look behind her, she realized there was a trail of blood following her past the door and inside the room.Taking a deep breath from her nostrils, letting it out from her mouth in a steady rhythm helped her from panicking too much, while also giving her courage as she took her knive out, setting it on the table she made quick work for her lighter using it on the candle she had found on the table. It wasn't hers, it was new. She remembered she had run out of candles and was whining about having to buy new ones. No one, of course, would dare enter her room without her permission, except for Ekko.

She ought to thank him later.

After lighting the candle, the woman tried to carefully untie her corset, which turned out to be a bigger challenge than she had anticipated with her trembling hands, so she just decided to cut off the strings that tied it to her form, allowing it to fall down on the floor and ripping her shirt open to reveal her wound. Gingerly she touched around the wound to examine it as much as she could without applying any pressure. Andrea was relieved to see that the knife had missed the purple glowing scars on her side, though that seemed to be entirely by luck, since the wound was located between the biggest and worst scars she had on her body. One of which reached just underneath her chest, while the other reached her back along with the other ones.

The brunette hissed when she accidentally pressed too hard, underestimating her strength. Clenching her jaw, she removed her hand from the wound, instead reaching for the knife, moving it above the flame, watching as the blade got warmer and warmer as she thought about her next step.

-

Jinx stumbled inside her lair, making her way to seat on her desk, slightly limbing from the big cut across her leg while being plagued by the voices in her head. They were 10 times louder than usual, and while sometimes they were easier to ignore or they could be dismissed with a snarky comment, this time she couldn't do that. Not when the voices reminded her of her failures tonight.