Hopelessly devoted to you (M/M) PT 2

Mathew and I have some classes together, not a lot though. Time goes by, its Halloween. Mathew, Paul, Mila and I wanted to do matching costumes. But of course, Mila and Paul decided to change, and they were going to be sandy and Danny from grease. So, that stuck Mathew and I to be two of the ghost busters. Fun.

We all went trick or treating with each other to, even though we were a bit old. we still needed that dough.

Paul and Mila stuck in one section of the neighborhood and Mathew and I would stick with another, we would switch and get other candy.

We went TOT in my neighborhood which was a pretty rich one. We always got king sizes. That was probably the only good thing about it.

Another time skip, it was Christmas. We also spent Christmas together but with Mathews family. I loved his mom, and Chester!

After Christmas passed by, it was soccer season. Again. And oh no, were going against the ladybugs.

We get on the field and I'm center. Along with Martha. "Hey Y/n!" she says smiling.
"Hi Martha! Nice to see you again."
"Yeah, you to. Excited for the game?"
"Can't wait to lose again!"

Our conversation goes on for a pretty long time till the whistle goes off. As soon as it does, I kick the ball to Mila, she starts running with it and kicks it to Avery who kicks it in the net.

Not a bad start. The game goes and the final buzzer goes off. We did it, we won.  As soon as it was announced Martha hugged me. She smelt oddly familiar. I'm not a stalker or anything I swear-

We get to the building the game was hosted at and we fill our water up. Martha comes up to me, "Hey y/n, can I talk to you for a sec?" She asks. Well, I shouldn't say she. What "she" said next shocked me to my core.
—————————————
MARTHA WAS MATHEW?!

"What?!" I ask him loudly. "sh!" he covers my mouth. "You can't tell anyone. Not even Mila, or Paul! They dont know I'm doing this."

"But... Why are you playing for a girls' team?" "I'm doing it for Chester... I have no choice. So, I'm basically a puppet."
Wow.
"I'm sorry that I kept this from you for so long. I just didn't want you to think I was weird or anything..."

"Weird?? I think it's more shocking than weird. But you know, it was your secret and i kind of feel honored that I'm the first person you told, other than Chester."

He smiles and hugs me. He has a beautiful smell, pretty eyes, pretty smile, just everything about him.

He smiles at me. "We should probably go now; I'll see you later tonight? At 7?"  he asks.
"Yep! sure, see you at 7"
—————————-
I sit and wait for him at the diner, fidgeting with my fingers. I look at the clock and see its 7:07. Even more time goes by and its 7:20. Screw this. I grab my stuff and walk out the door in the rain.

As I'm walking, I feel something grab my shoulder. I turn around and see Mathew breathing heavily. while Hes holding a flower.

"It's kind of... drowned." he says disappointed.
"Mathew its 7:20... 'Be here by 7'?"
"I know. I'm sorry, I got lost in time, i was just completely not thinking.."

"Its fine."
He looks at me and smiles, but the smile grew wider, and wider, until i noticed his face was inches away from mine.. 

He quickly pecks my lips and smiles. "So, shall we go back in? You know, so were not soaking." 

I laugh and nod,

We go back in and sit down. The rest was a blast, we ate, went to the arcade, talked, I just wish it could have lasted longer.

But curfew was a thing, sadly. 

----------------------------------------

"Mila, I dont see the big deal." I sit with her at lunch, listening to her problems with Paul.

"You dont get it! You never have problems with Mathew." She rolls her eyes and scoffs.

"Well, we aren't dating, so yeah. Your right, we dont." Its not that I didnt like Mathew, because damn right I do. Im just afraid of rejection. 

"Are you kidding? Everyone thinks you guys are dating! Even Kimberly. She wasn't that happy, but she called you guys 'cute together'!"

She puts her head down, are we that compatible? I mean, we get along great, we talk all the time, and we have the same hobbies. But I never thought we seemed like lovers, well, not lovers. but dating.

"Oh, I never thought-" "Hey guys!" I look up and see Paul and Mathew. 

Paul sits next to Mila and Mathew sits next to me. 

"Are you ready for your game later, y/n?" He smiles at me. 

I nod, looking down. He looks at me and furrows his brows.

He gets up, grabs my hand and drags me somewhere. We ended up outside in the courtyard.

"What is up with you lately?" He asks me, grabbing my hands.

I look at him, with sincerity in my eyes. 

"You have been acting so strange since the last time we hung out. Why is that?"

"What are we? Like, everyone says we're dating, but then again we arent. And its all so confusing to me! I dont know what to say or do, because I like you, but I dont want to risk anything by asking that question which I just asked you."

I stay silent for a minute. "Sorry, that was a bit much."

I pull my hands back and look down again. He sighs, and steps closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I had no choice but to hug him back, so I wrapped my arms around his neck. I started crying, I dont even know why. 

Why was I crying over this? I actually had no idea. I guess the pressure and stress just got to me at that point, and it took over. I mean, since when did I care about boys? Specifically Mathew? I tried to ignore him before we got close.

For many reasons actually, I always thought he would be a jerk, I had a terrible experience with him in first grade when he put glue in my hair. And he was dating Kimberly.

Those were good enough reasons for me. But now I know about him, and I know that hes not bad. Hes actually nice, the nicest person I've ever met.

"Y/n, why are you crying?" He backs up and puts his hands up to my face.

"I dont know, Im just stressed about all of this."

He wipes my tears from my eyes, and looks deeply in them.

"Y/n,"

I was waiting for it. The rejection, and pain. I was waiting for it all, the long speech on how im great and everything but he couldn't imagine being with me.

"I, I love you. To the moon and back."