Are we still friends? (J.B)

(JACOB BARBER)

"JAKE, Y/N" Jacob's mom screams for us to wake up. I spent the night since my bike broke, and it was a 20-minute walk. "GUYS! YOU HAVE SCHOOL!"

I bolt up. "School..." I look over and its 6:21. I get up and grab my bag with my stuff and change. "Jake, get up!" I yell at him. He still doesn't move. I walk over to him and grab his blanket. "Noooo..." he groans.

"Jake, we have to go soon." I turn back around and walk to the bathroom. I grab my toothbrush and start brushing my teeth. I then brush my hair and put concealer on. I dont have terrible acne, just a bit of makeup will cover it. I grab a spray out of my bag, that smells like raspberries with a mix of vanilla and the smell you get when you first walk into a Christmas spa...

I turn off the light and walk down to the kitchen. "Goodmorning Y/n. How was your night?" 

"Great. Other than jakes terrible snoring," I say, poking jake as I do. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once we got out the door, we started talking about Mexico. Jake and his family are supposed to go, and they asked me to come. I dont know what I should say, I dream of going to Mexico, but i dont know how i would afford it. My parents dont really pay for me. 

"Jake, you know i want to. I just can't afford it." I continue walking while he stops. "Jake?" 

"Keep going. I'll catch up with you later." He says, "But, were going to the same place?" I add.

"I know, I just need to go see something." he says then walks a different direction.

"What, jake??"

Hes gone. Hes already walked away. so, i turn back and walk. I've been talking to ben for a bit. Hes really nice, funny, and very handsome. I tried to tell jake about it, but every time I say something he always changes the subject. I dont know if I like ben or not, and I dont know if I like jake. Laurie and Andy always said jake liked me, but I think that's just because we hang around each other the most.

I get to school and go in. Bens standing at my locker, with Derek. I walk up to them. "Hey guys." I say, smiling. "Hey y/n. Have you seen Jacob?" ben asks, pursing his lips at the end. "Oh, earlier i did. But he went his separate way before we got here and went a different way, why?" I grab my books and close my locker.

"No reason, i just need to talk with him about something. Let me know when you see him." Ben says, then subtly walks away. Derek sticks behind to talk to me. 

"Ben's been acting weird." He says. "How come?" I look at him weirdly. Ben has never been weird around me, but apparently to Derek Hes been acting strange. "He never talks to jake at all, he never plays with us, or just me, and he won't leave his house other than school."

Wow. that doesn't seem so weird, but to them it's weird. "Huh. He never leaves his house?" I look at him. "No. Never." I look past Derek and see ben and jake. He has a look of horror on his face, and ben is clenching his fists. "What are you looking at?" Derek asks, then turns around to see the scene.

We walk closer to listen to what they are saying. "You can't just do that, it's against the game." "I dont care, I'm doing this for money. Not her love, we were over this." "Yeah, but you'll hurt her," "I dont care jake."

What were they talking about? What game? I dont remember Jake telling me anything about a game. Derek looks at me with his mouth slightly parted. "Y/n.." "What are they talking about Derek?" I ask. "You."

What? Is that what they mean by game? What's going on? Did they bet money on me??

"What??" The bell rings. Time for first period. 

I walk to my first class, biology. and long behold it's with jake, and ben.  "Hey y/n!" I turn to see Ben. I dont respond and look back Infront of me. And Jake pops up Infront of me. "Hi y/n." I scream slightly. "Jesus! Where the hell did you come from!" He bites his bottom lip and backs away a bit.

I sit down and grab my stuff. I open my book and jake sits down next to me. "Y/n? Why are you ignoring me?" He looks at me.  I look back at him then look back at my book. "Y/n." I look at him again. He grabs my hand and squeezes it. "What did I do?" he asks. "The game." I say, looking back at my book. I can feel his hand go limp. "y/n.." The bell rings. The teacher starts talking. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk out of the class as fast as i could, making my way to my locker for break period. We dont do anything for break period, we just sit around the lounge, or an empty class. I take my phone, laptop, and book. I walk to the lounge room and find a seat. I sit down and open my laptop. I open Instagram. Nothing much, just drama with Sarah and ben. 

I continue finishing my essay as I hear footsteps. "Y/n. We need to talk about the 'game'". Jacob. "Leave me alone. Please jake." I beg. "No. We have to talk about it." I roll my eyes. "We'll talk about it later." I return my focus back to my essay. "And when's later? Two years?" I stop and look up at him. "When we get to your house." He nods and walks away. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk up to jakes doorstep.  I unlock the door and walk in. I sit down, take my shoes off and set them down on the rack. I walk to the living room and sit down. I turn on the tv and look on my phone. Jacob walks in and sits down next to me. "y/n." I look at him. "Jake."

"It was my fault. I started it." he says, looking at me. "But why?" I asked him, looking at him with tears in my eyes. How could he have been such an asshole to me, but yet be so... wait what? "Because I like you..." He says. "That doesn't make sense." I look down trying to process. "He was the only competition I had, if you got mad at him and you didn't like him anymore, I was the only one left."

He slowly gets closer to me, smiling as he does. I sit there in shock as his nose touches mine. He whispers, "Im sorry..." Then our lips meet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------