14

it's late when you get to the arcade, but even in the dim moonlight, you can see izana standing outside, face alight by the brightness of his phone screen as he watches you approach him. you're clutching your phone in your hand, hidden deep within the pocket of your hoodie.

"why did you need to see me?" you question him, the light around you becoming darker as he puts his phone away, the brightness disappearing along with it.

"rindou texted me about your relationship with the head of toman." izana says. you scoff, of course rindou did, but you can't help but feel a bit betrayed. but betrayal is something you have also done, so, you can't be speaking.

"and what about it?"

"i want to make sure you won't be betraying tenjiku." you can't help but laugh, muffling your voice by covering your mouth with your hand.

"i've already betrayed toman, plus, everyone there hates me, so i doubt i could betray you even if i tried." you state simply, and he looks taken aback by your bluntness, but recovers quickly, nodding in affirmation.

"alright, just wanted to make sure, and y/n?"

"hm?"

"are you feeling okay? like mentally, and you're talking even with your wound so..." you reach up to your next to feel the damp bandage, seething at the pain you feel. you keep forgetting about it.

"i'm fine, mentally and physically. i'll see you at the next meeting." you turn on your heel, walking away from izana and through the shadows of the buildings. suddenly, you hear someone clear their throat, it comes from an alleyway between two buildings, the person is hidden in the shadows.

"here you are, y/n." the person walks out from the shadows, and you clench your jaw, backing away little by little.

"what do you want, hanma?" you question, watching his mouth curve up into a smirk.

"i know a way you can get toman to trust you~" he proposes, and your curiosity perks up. you stop walking away, even walking closer now. curiosity is killing the cat.

"and how is that?"

"kisaki is planning to kill emma. mikey's sister." your heart drops at that, though you never liked emma, and the same goes for her, you know how heart broken mikey will be at her death, especially since he's already lost shinichiro, "i can help you save her-"

"okay-"

"only if you kiss me." hanma stares at you. you grit your teeth, fighting back the urge to punch him in his at that very moment, "just for fun!" he adds, making your mood even worse.

"fine." you walk forward, grabbing him by his hair and smashing your lips together, it starts off with clashing teeth but soon, once you calm down, you tilt your head to the side to give yourself more access. you feel his hands go to your waist, but being too caught up in the moment, you don't stop him as he pulls your body flush against his.

opening your mouth slightly, his tongue slips into yours. the hand in his hair clenches into a fist, pulling on his hair. you pull him away from you, face flushed with a string of saliva connecting your mouths.

"fuck you." you mutter, wiping your lips, but you don't remove his hands from your waist, "when is her 'death' going to happen, like when is he planning to kill her?"

"february 22, when the battle between tenjiku and toman is going to happen. he wants to destroy mikey, so he's targeting her, hoping that will affect toman's chances at winning." hanma informs you, twirling his finger through your hair. you tilt your head down so he cannot see his face, and a smirk curves up onto your lips.

you should keep hanma around, he'll be useful in getting revenge on your brother.

"thank you, hanma." you look up at him, connecting your lips again. your arms are around his neck while he is holding your hips. you allow his tongue to roam your mouth, before he pulls away, watching you untangle yourself from him.

"see you around..." you stand on your toes to place a kiss on his cheek, before spinning around and walking out onto the sidewalk. you don't like him, you barely know him, but if you treat him like that, you'll know he'll stick around. and he can be useful. you could say you're using him.

you pull out your phone to see missed text messages from the haitani brothers, there are threats, apologies, and sweet words, but you ignore all of them.

"rough night?" a stranger says from where he is sitting on a bench, a cigarette in his mouth. you turn to look at him, and his attire surprises you. someone like him should be in the richer part of the city, not somewhere in the slumps like here.

"want a smoke?"

"can't, injury." you state simply, even though you're not supposed to be speaking with the wound, you know that smoking would probably make it worse.

"bummer..." he says, puffing some smoke out of his mouth, "so? are you having a rough night?" he asks you again, patting the spot on the bench beside him. hesitantly, you sit beside him, staring out onto the open street.

"yeah, more like a rough week..." you mutter, and he chuckles from beside you.

"tell me what's wrong, i'll listen." he suggests, and you take his suggestion.

"everything is so fucking frustrating. okay so, i'm friends with this guy who is the leader of a gang, but everyone in his gang hated me because of some rumors my shitty brother spread about me, but now they hate me because i "betrayed them" even though i wasn't even in the gang. but, even though i'm in the enemy gang now, i don't want to fight that gang because i have people i love in that and i don't want to hurt them more than i already have. on top of all of that, i've fallen for two guys – who are brothers, but i've only known them for like a week, but i also have feelings for two of my close friends..." you rant, basically summarizing everything that has happened in the past week.

"damn... forget the wound, you do need a smoke." he takes a cigarette from his pocket and hands it to you. you give in, taking it from him as he pulls out his lighter and lights it for you.

"what's your name?"

"y/n kisaki..." you mutter, puffing out some smoke. don't ask why you know how to smoke. the man chokes, coughing before looking at you, flabbergasted.

"you're related to kisaki? as in tetta kisaki?" he laughs, putting the cigarette back into his mouth. "damn... also, my name is hajime kokonoi, by the way."

UNEDITED.

a/n: i feel like y/n's motives aren't clear-