Nightmares and Cuddles

Michael's pov:

I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. Sitting up quickly, and breathing heavily, I look around my surroundings. I turn the see the lump under the blankets next to me. Remembering I'm at Y/N's house, I try to relax a bit, but to no avail.

Y/N starts to stir in his sleep, I lay back down quickly and try to pretend that I'm asleep. He begins to speak to me groggily.

"Michael, I know you're awake. You don't need to pretend you're asleep. What's wrong?"

I sit up once again in defeat, answering his question.

"Sorry I just had a bad dream. You can go back to sleep, I'm okay."

"I know that's not true. First of all, you're shaking. And second, you wouldn't bolt up so fast if it was just a 'bad dream'." He says putting the last two words in air quotes.

All of a sudden, he grabs me. He's.. hugging me? Why?

Y/N lays down, still holding me close. I just lay down slowly, cooperating.

"Chill out, I'm not going to hurt you or anything. I can tell you're panicking a little so I thought a hug would help." He says in a tired voice, I'm assuming he's still tired considering he woke up just 2 minutes ago.

While laying there, I can tell Y/N fell asleep again. I begin to drift off as well. His hug is actually very comforting, despite not having done this before.

-Time skip to the next morning (Saturday)-

There was light streaming into the room. I had just woken up so I open my eyes to see the bright glow of the morning sun through the window. When opening my eyes, I also realize that Y/N wasn't next to me anymore. He must have gone to the bathroom or something.

I go on my phone to check the time. 10:38 am. I definitely woke up late. Worrying that I angered Y/N by taking so long to wake up, I get out of the soft, comfortable bed and walk out of the room.

As I open the door, Y/N is standing there about to come inside. Backing up so he can step in the room, I ask him how long he's been awake.

"Oh don't worry, I only woke up about 20 minutes ago."

"Okay good. I was worried that you would get mad about me sleeping in or something." I chuckle, blushing as well. Why do I blush so much?

"No it's alright. I wouldn't get mad if you slept in anyways. I would just be happy you actually slept." He answers, also blushing from what I can tell.

Hey! I'm so sorry for the late update, and it's really short. I've been really busy today but I will post something longer tomorrow. Im just really tired right now so my writing isn't the best. Anyways, this was basically just a fluff chapter, I hope you didn't hate it that much :") Also I'm sorry for any typos or grammar mistakes. Thank you for reading, I love you all, drink water, try to eat something, and stay safe <33