Bathroom Stalls and Tears

Y/N pov:

"You love me?"

I realize what I had actually just said. Did I really say that I love him? Oh shit I didn't want to tell him that. Well I do but not like this. Michael's voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, Y/N you okay? Sorry if I made you uncomfortable." He says looking away.

"No! You're okay I just- I didn't mean to say that. Well I do love you but just as friends you know? Yeah definitely. Just as friends." I shouldn't have said that.

"Oh... okay. Yeah. Friends." He says this with a very clearly fake smile on his face. Then he rushes out of the bathroom with tears running down his cheeks.

"Michael wait-!" But it was too late. He was already gone. I hurt him. More than he was already hurt. Only this was worse than physical hurt. I could hear his heart breaking in his voice when he said that.

I stood there in defeat. I hurt the only person I wanted to protect most. He ment everything to me and I let him down. I didn't know he felt like that about me. I didn't know he returned the feelings I felt towards him.

Come back, please...

I began to cry. The tears ran down my face, having no remorse. I tried to stop them but they just kept going. I walked into the stall that Michael was in before and curled up on the floor. I didn't care how dirty it was, I couldn't go back to that classroom because I knew he would be there.

My fingers touched the wall where a little heart was drawn in sharpie. It had my name inside. I knew it was Michael's hand writing, I'd see it everyday in class so it was engraved into my memory.

The tears came down harder. Like rain and my eyes were the cloud. Why did I have to say that something that stupid. God, I wish I never said that. I cursed myself for messing up so bad.

A bell went off throughout the entire school. I must have been sitting on this tiled floor for and entire period because I heard bustling in the hallways after the bell rang out. Picking myself off the floor slowly, grabbing my bag at the same time, I walked out of the bathroom.

Dreading the next class because I knew my eyes would show what I had been doing the past 45 minutes, I walked slowly with what felt like no life left.

I reached my next class and sat down at my desk. Not bothering to pull out my previous class work from last week, knowing I wouldn't do it, I laid my head down in my hands.

I shouldn't be the one that's so hurt over this, it should be Michael. I'm sure he's more devastated than I am. He was the one on the receiving end of the thing I said. I only said it because I panicked. I do love him. More than anything. But I couldn't muster up the courage to admit it.

-Time skip to the end of the school day-

The day passed faster than it felt. Probably because I was just sleeping in most of my classes. Hopefully they won't call my mom for skipping 3rd period and then not doing any work in other classes.

Walking through the front door of my house, I went straight upstairs. I pulled my phone out of my pocket after putting my bag down and taking my shoes off. Sitting down on my bed, I called Michael.

The phone rang but nobody answered. I don't blame him though, he was more hurt than I was. I just wanted to apologize.

Calling him once more, but this time, he picked up.

"Y/N, I really don't want to talk right now."

"Michael please. I just want to sort stuff out. I didn't mean what I said. It was an accident, I was just nervous. Please can you come over so we can talk?"

"Okay fine. I'll be there in a bit."

"Thank you. I'll see you then."

He hung up after that. Hopefully he'll forgive me. I just want to he happy with him again.

IM SORRY ITS SO SAD. Anyways, this is my attempt at angst. The next chapter will be very happy so don't worry. Hopefully I didn't make you guys too sad D: Thank you for reading, I love you, drink water, try to eat something, and stay safe <3