1.

Picked up once more, like marionette, And then flung down again

And then flung down again.
How can anyone forget
That puppets too feel pain?

Someone should tell this senseless thing
What thoughtless acts have done.
That one can senseless suffering bring

All in harmless fun.

If words were life then these would probably be his. Taehyung did not have a purpose in his life anymore. He was just a puppet. A mere puppet at the hands of his father. Two years ago everything was taken away from him. His love, friends and freedom.

Tears and guilt. They were his only companion left. He didn't know where all of them were now. He didn't even have the courage to look for them. Maybe if he had done things differently two years ago then his life would have been different. He would still be with the people who had given him unconditional love for the short time he had spent with them.

I was a coward and I will always be one. He would always think to himself. According to him he was the sole reason for his own sufferings and he deserved every pain he was getting. He had also thought about ending his miserable life many times but he just couldn't bring himself to take such a step. With the hope of keeping the few people left with him safe he was still doing everything his father told him to do.

Even today he was sitting in front of a big mirror while two unknown women were doing his hair and makeup for god knows what. He just sat there silently letting them do whatever they wanted. After an hour the work was done and Taehyung was left all alone. Again.

"Are you alright?" he heard the one voice that had kept him sane till now. Turning around he gave a small smile to his cousin Kim Jiung who just looked at him with concern. "Tae did you take your medicines?" Jiung inquired. The other just nodded his head in confirmation not saying a word. "Good! And we have a meeting with the leader of Asmodeus in an hour." Jiung said before exiting the room.

Taehyung was very familiar with the name Asmodeus. It was the biggest mafia gang in the entire country. The Kim mafia was powerful but Asmodeus was on another level. It took them just one year to reach the top of this hierarchy. No gang wanted to be their enemy. His father though had done this foolishness and was now their target. The past six months had been hell for Kim Han-Gyoel and his mafia. Asmodeus had destroyed half of their properties, killed their men and looted their warehouses.

Someone must have knocked some sense into his head. And for me. I must be his trading item again. He thought. Although it didn't affect him at all. He was used to being a barter for his father. Han-Gyoel would use him to please his friends and associates. He had been through hell and back in these two years. Everyone saw his beauty but nobody knew that he was just a boy broken into a million pieces by his father's dirty games.

Days of suffering had made him completely numb. He had stopped showing his emotions to anyone. Even now when his father's secretary Park Seojun came into his room to call him for the meeting he didn't say a thing. Just nodded his head and followed the middle aged man to where ever he was being led to. But when he realised that they were walking down the stairs towards the lounge area he gulped hard.

It was the place that was just a reminder of the fateful incident that took place two years ago. The mirrors, decorations, ottomans and all other things present in that room resonated nothing but bad faith. His heart would always break into tinier pieces whenever he would be there.

He slowly walked towards his father. His anxiety already starting to rise. When Han-Gyoel gestured him to take a seat he just bowed before sitting at the farthest corner of the couch his father was already sitting on. He sat silently staring at the floor. Even when he heard some footsteps he didn't look up nor did he react. He didn't even see how the colour from his father's face drained away looking at the people infront of him. Nor did he see the seven pairs of eyes on him.

"This place didn't change a bit since that day." he suddenly heard the oh so familiar voice and finally looked up. His breath hitched when he made eye contact with the one person he had given his heart to. Was he dreaming? Was it really Jungkook infront of him? No. It was just his imagination. Right? With these thoughts running in his mind he looked around only to see his friends sitting there too. He froze up. His life sure liked playing with him.

"Jeon Jungkook. It's been awhile. Didn't know that Asmodeus was yours." Han-Gyoel said with an expressionless face but his insides were very much burning. "Yes it's been awhile. It's nice meeting you again but let's talk about the contract now. What do you say? Should we sign it or you have something to say." Jungkook said sitting back casually.

"No! I don't. I will happily marry my son to you. Two powerful mafia leaders becoming kinsmen is not something that happens daily. I'm more than happy to start this relationship. Where do I have to sign?" Han-Gyoel said smiling bitterly. Taehyung on the other hand was trying so desperately to ease the pain in his heart. His anxiety attack had gotten the best of him and now hearing about the contract had just made his condition worse. He was sweating and his hands were shaking but nobody paid him any attention. It was at if he was not even there.

Through is blurry vision he saw his father and the ravenette signing some papers. Papers that held his future. He saw them shaking hands and then turning to face him. They suddenly started walking in his direction scaring him even more. He looked away not wanting to face them. The next moment someone pulled him up but before he could see who it was his eyes closed completely and he started falling. The last thing he remembers is someone catching him before everthing went pitch black.