20.

The room was silent

The room was silent. Too silent for anybody's liking. The tension in the air so thick that it could easily be chopped off with a knife. Taehyung stood there fidgeting with his fingers. He was a bundle of nerves at the moment. He didn't dare to look up as he knew that Han-na would definitely be glaring at him. He gulped hearing a loud angry voice but still didn't look up.

"I'm got going to let him eat here with us. I don't care whether he is pregnant or not. I don't care about the child. I'm not going to let him sit with us. That's final." Each word she said was heavy with hate and anger. "Mom! He has to be fed properly. It's important for the baby. That's the only reason we've decided to let him join us for meals." Jungkook tried to explain but the women was not ready to listen.

"You are just going easy on him. Right? Since he chose you today instead of his father so you're trying to forget his wrong doings. Right?" She said as her eyes got glassy. "No! Absolutely not. It's just for the bab....." Jungkook tried his very best to reason but got cut off by his mother instead.

"You all can forget what he did but I can't. He killed by daughter. He's a murderer and I will never accept him as a part of this family." She said while glaring at Taehyung who was looking at her with eyes that held so many emotions in them. Hurt and.........Guilt.

Murderer? Do they think so low of me? He thought to himself as tears made their way out of his eyes. He looked at Jungkook who had his eyes turned to the floor after listening to his mother's words. Does he believe that too? Just the thought was enough to force out a loud sob from his mouth.

"You sure know how to victimize yourself. Don't you?" Han-na spat out as she made her way towards the crying boy. "Your crocodile tears won't help you. You betrayed us. You killed my daughter and then you decided to stay with my son today. WHY? WHY DIDN'T YOU LEAVE?" Her eyes were red with unshed tears. Her hands were shaking with the outburst. The traumatising memories always made her lose control over her emotions.

She kept on glaring at Taehyung who was looking towards the floor while crying silently. When she got no reply in return a frustrated sigh escaped her mouth. "If he is staying then I'll go." Saying this she quickly walked away from the dining room. "Mom!" Jungkook ran after her followed by the others. "Congratulations you've successfully ruined another of our days." Pildo spat out before wheeling himself away from there as well.

Not able to hold himself anymore Taehyung ran away from there too. He entered inside his and Jungkook's room and locked himself up in the bathroom. Getting under the shower he let himself get drenched with the cold water. He leaned against the wall and slid down slowly holding his head. He cried and screamed in pain and agony. He was considered as a murderer in this house and it was enough for him to wallow himself in guilt.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He kept on muttering wishing for the dead girl to hear him. He was disgusted by himself now. She is not wrong. You did kill her. He thought to himself and cried out even more. This was one thing that had chained him up with misery for so long. It was something he never wanted to forgive himself for.

"Dad! Where's that useless sl*t?" Ki-joon entered inside the room only to get surprised by the view

"Dad! Where's that useless sl*t?" Ki-joon entered inside the room only to get surprised by the view. The entire office had been turned upside down. The furniture shattered and destroyed. The files lying around. The windows and shelves broken while the old man stood there with a golf stick in one hand and a glass of alcohol in the other.

"What the f*ck? Dad are you out of your mind?" Ki-joon shouted but didn't dare to go near his father. He was already bandaged up and so it was in his best interests to stay cautious at the moment. He didn't know what his father might do so he decided to stay away.

"That Jeon thinks that he destroyed me. He had the audacity to tear the contract in front of me. And that Taehyung? He foolishly decided to stay with him. What do they think? Huh? They can outsmart me? Kim Han-Gyoel?" He shouted and then swung around the golf stick trying to break the already broken furniture around him.

"Dad what will we do now? We can't let that Taehyung slip out of our hands. How are we going to take the company? He'll be twenty five this year." Ki-joon was panicking now. He too had never expected something like this to happen. Both of them had been way too overconfident with their plan.

"Let's attack them and get Taehyung back." Ki-joon said looking at his tipsy father. "FOOL! You know how hard I've worked to secure the image of a loving father infront of them and the business world. YOU WANT ME TO EXPOSE MYSELF." The old man shouted at the top of his lungs scaring the other to the core.

"Then w.....what are we supposed to do dad?" Ki-joon asked stuttering. He was not sure about anything anymore. Hearing him Han-Gyoel smiled and came towards him. "Let them enjoy some days of peace for now. I'll surprise them at the most unexpected time son." Saying this he patted the boy's back and went out of the room.

Once the footsteps were no longer audible Ki-joon took out his phone and dialled a number. After a few rings he was finally greeted by the man on the other side. Humming a little Ki-joon said.....

"Kai. Let's start with the plan. The old man lost him so we have a chance."

_________________

Twenty chapters done! Yay!

So any questions or confusions so far?