Chapter 1

A/N: I'm not too good at writing stories, I apologize in advance.

Today started just like any other. I woke up and groaned as I felt it was too early to be awake. I layed in bed for an extra half hour just laying there, mentally preparing myself for the new day. When I finally got up, I hopped in the shower and started getting ready for the day. I fed my cats and said good bye to them, making sure to give them each a kiss before I left. I walked out the door and started walking to work as it wasn't too far. Plus, I liked walking, it made me feel good.

As I was on my way to work I was blasting "I'm Not a Vampire" by Falling in Reverse. Per usual, I was not paying much attention to my surroundings and I bumped into somebody, knocking my headphones off. I almost fell to the ground but the stranger caught me. He was very handsome and was taller than me, even whilst wearing my platform boots. He smelt like a cinnamon roll and his eyes.. they were mesmerizing. As I snap back into reality I apologize for bumping into him.

"That's quite alright, love" he says whilst picking up my headphones for me.

I can feel my face turn a brighter shade of red than it already was due to my anxiety. He just chuckles in response.

"Are you alright?" he says.

I try to respond as calmly as possible. "Y-yes, thank you." I stand there awkwardly, not knowing whether to walk away now or to apologize once more.

Before I can decide on what to do, he says "I'm Danny, might I say, you have a lovely sense of music taste."

I somehow managed to blush even harder. "Thank you, Danny. My name is Oliver, it's nice to meet you?" I say, not knowing if I said the correct thing or not.

He nods with a smile and says "Likewise" as he starts to walk away.

I mumble another "Sorry and thank you." before heading into my job which was only a few buildings down from where I currently was. I couldn't stop thinking about him. He was so attractive and polite. Most people would at least get a little mad for bumping into them. I keep replaying what happened in my head. I really wish I had asked him for his number or something. Nonetheless, it was too late now and I have to get to work.

I start setting out food for all the cats and brewing the coffee and tea. I work at a cat cafe because I love animals and this way I don't have to interact with people too much.

                             • • •

As the day ended, I go to put my headphones on and realize that I never got them back from Danny. I start walking back home as there's nothing I can do. Before I get too far I see Danny. He is waiting at the same spot I bumped into him. He notices me and smiles.

"Hey" says Danny.

I'm a bit surprised to see him but I reply "Hello there." and I notice he has my headphones.

"Sorry, I had just been thinking about our earlier encounter and well- I never handed you your headphones. Here." he said while handing me my headphones.

"Thank you, I hadn't realized until 15 minutes ago that I didn't have them." I say as I chuckle a little.

"Once again, my apologies. I did not mean to take them with me." he says, sincerely.

I thank him again and say "You are very kind. Would you possibly want to get to know each other?" I am blushing like crazy, what am I thinking? I just met this guy today, there's no way he's saying yes.

"Sure, that would be lovely." he says, looking a little surprised but happy.

We exchange numbers and go on our way.

-
-
-
A/N: I hope this is enjoyable so far. I am not quite sure what I am doing.