Something

Ages:
Dick:17(Nightwing)
Jason:15(Red Hood)
Tim:13(Red Robin)
Damian:9(Robin)

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Nightwing sat on the beams in the warehouse roof,listening in on the conversation the two thugs were having.Now,why is he spying on two thugs?Well they had killed 7 teens varying from 13 to 17 years old and Batman warned him not to take them lightly.The thugs sat in silence for a good 2 minutes before the taller of the two,started conversation.

Luck didn't seem to be on Nightwing's side,which he would find out later,as the taller of the thugs had his back to him.

'Do you think the bats brats have caught onto us yet?' He asked already knowing the answer.
'Maybe but ya bes' not talk so loudly Samie.' The shorter warned,slightly confused with the grin Samie wore.
'I know they have,Rob.We've got one with us right now.' Samie said with a wink to Rob,the short one.
If Nightwing had been facing Samie he would've seen the wink signalling for Rob to play along.If he'd seen that wink maybe things wouldn't have turned out the way they did.

However,confident they knew he was there,Nightwing jumped down with his signature cackle.He landed behind Rob and he quickly turned to look at the black and blue hero behind him.Both of the thugs did a terrible job at hiding their shock.This nerved the hero.Surely they knew he was there,right?
'It's a nice night,isn't it boys?' He asked,shaking his nerves away.
Before any of them could answer,a voice broke the silence that made all three of them tense.Nightwing swiftly contacted his fellow Gothamite heroes and then pulled his Escrima sticks out.
'It is,indeed.' To normal civilians,and thugs not-too-deep-in-shit,this would be a harmless answer.On the other hand,to the Teen Titans,Justice League,Batman and the bat-brothers this was a mercenary that had ruined all of their lives in some way,shape or form.

'Nightwing,do NOT engage!Do you hear me?!' Batman commanded in a stern voice over the comm in his ear.
'I'm afraid he hasn't got much of a choice,Batman.' Slade replied into his own comm that had been connected into the Bats radio.With that,Slade ran at Nightwing who was ready but not enough to completely block the attack.

Nightwing managed to slide to the side as the sword cut into his lower arm and left a deep gash.On full alert,Nightwing got in a fighting stance and brought his Escrima sticks infront of him.Slade lunged again and held daggers instead of a sword.The pair duelled,Nightwing getting hurt more than Slade.After what seemed like an eternity,but in reality was only 15-20 minutes,Slade had Nightwing on the floor.The Mercenary wore a smug expression underneath his half coloured helmet,his sword pointed at the cut and bruised Nightwings throat.Ready to slice at any given moment.

If you want either a part two or short story on this,please let me know and I will deliver.

Words:519