25. I Hate You

25. I Hate You
Danielle.
"As for Madison Jane... Madison Jane's custody will go to Liam Payne." Said Judge Abrams, letting out a small breath. "Excuse me?" I snapped, pushing back my chair and standing up. I slammed my hand down on the table as the chair screeched backward. I didn't expect to suddenly be filled with so much anger.
"You're not taking my baby girl away from me, I will not let that happen." I snapped, directing the comment more towards Liam than Judge Abrams. "She's my baby girl too, Danielle." Said Liam, pushing his own chair back and standing up, "I deserve to get to know her, and get-to-know-her I will."
"Please, you've got to be kidding," Said Shannon, to Judge Abrams, "Liam is not a suitable Father. He tours the world, he parties all night, he's a singing sensation! He won't have time for Madison. She is going to be neglected from the moment Liam takes her home."
"Mr. Payne will have a thirty-day trial period with his daughter. If Madison isn't cared for properly, she will be sent back to Danielle as soon as possible. We will check in with Madison at the end of every day to see how she is doing." Said Judge Abrams, standing up and collecting his binder of papers. "So you're just going to take her away from me?" I asked, eyes wide and adrenaline pumping.
"We will send someone from social services over to your home this evening. They will collect Madison and her belongings, and take her over to Liam's flat." Judge Abrams explained.
"No, no, no," I murmured, shaking my head. "You can't take her away from me! S-She's my princess!"
"I'm really sorry it came to this Danielle." Liam said, almost looking sorry. "But some relationships just aren't meant to be, like mine and yours. That's why the judge gave me custody of Madison, and didn't give us joint custody. It'd just be confusing for the children to have two parents who hate each other. I'll think about telling Madison more about you when she's older and can understand what's going on easier."
"Since when have we hated each other?" I questioned, almost hurt. Though, at the moment, I do have a burning anger for Liam. Liam shrugged.
"Okay Liam, what will I tell Max? He loves you the most out of the kids! He wanted you back into his life so badly! When he met you at the bakery, he became the happiest little boy you'd ever see. And you only fought for Madison. Liam- she's gonna hate you for taking her away from me and her brother and sister." I snapped, eyes springing with tears. My heart was racing so fast, it was unbelievable. This cannot be happening.
"I'm sorry I couldn't do better, Danielle," Shannon apologized, turning towards me. I ignored my lawyer, and stared at Liam as he shook hands with Tony. "Please Liam, you don't love Madison. You don't even know her! Her favorite color, her favorite song, her least-favorite vegetable... You just, you don't deserve her!"
"I'll learn." Was All Liam said, as he pushed his chair in, and walked towards the door with Tony. "Liam, Judge Abrams, this is so unfair! She is my baby!"
"Just because she's your 'princess' or your 'angel' or your 'baby-girl', doesn't mean you'll take custody of Madison." Said Tony, scoffing. "Just come to terms with the agreement, Danielle. You need to act adult and mature when you tell the children about the arrangement."
Judge Abrams offered a meek sympathetic smile, "My sincerest apologies, Ms. Peazer, but Mr. Payne deserves a chance to bond with his daughter-"
"H-He can bond with her! He can come for dinner sometimes, and have visits and he can take her to school if he wants! But please, I'm begging you, don't take her away from me."
"It's already done."
*
I unlocked my door, and stepped inside my flat. I was dragging myself along, a blank, dreary expression on my face. I have no idea how I'm going to be able to break this to Madison. Or Max. Or Megan. Madison is Megan's idol. And she's gonna be gone, for a minimum of 30 days. Probably longer. Probably forever.
My beautiful daughter. Gone.
"Mom!" Squealed Max, dropping his crayons and running towards the door. I tried to smile, but my lips felt heavy. I had to use every ounce of energy I had in me to smile at my son. Everything is taking so much energy, today.
"Hey Danielle," Perrie Greeted, "The kids were getting bored at my house, so I decided I'd bring them back here to play with their own toys." Said Perrie, baby Halle in her arms.
I nodded, kicking the door closed behind me. "You okay?" She asked, eyes widening when I didn't have an enthusiastic grin. I told Perrie, Eleanor and Sam about the court-case. Only because I needed a babysitter. Perrie was the only one who was available, and was wondering where I was going.
I would have been too nervous to tell them, otherwise.
"You okay?" Perrie mouthed, after I didn't answer the first time. Concern covered her face. I simply shook my head no. "Where's Madison and Meg?" I asked, putting down my bag and kicking off my heels. "Megan is having a nap, and Mads is facetiming with Emily in your room."
I nodded, sniffling. "What's the matter, mumma?" Asked Max. I looked down, finding my son still waiting for a hug. "I'll tell you in a minute, buddy." I sniffled again, leaning down to scoop Max into my arms. I held him close, as he buried his head in the crook of my neck.
I should try to be grateful that Liam didn't take all my babies. I can't even imagine the pain I'd be in if Liam took them all. I shuddered at the thought.
"Hey Madison, can you come out here?" I called down the hall. I'm thinking it might be nice to have Perrie here when I tell the kids. Madison might be very angry with me, and she'll need another responsible, kind, understanding, grown woman to talk to about this.
"Comingggg!" Her little voice yelled back.
"Let's go to the couch." I whispered towards Perrie. She nodded, turning around. I slowly lowered to the couch, gulping as I sank into the cushions. "Mum! You're home!" I heard Madison squeal, and the sound of her footsteps got quicker. I turned my head, and saw my daughter running towards me.
"Hi baby," I smiled, heart warming at the sight of my daughter. "Where did you go, today? We all missed you, even though we got to play with Auntie Perrie and baby Halle." Said Madison, jumping onto the sofa next to me. "Actually," I sighed. "I went to talk to your daddy."
"Really?" Madison's eyes brightened. Max slid off my lap, and turned to face me. "What did he say? What did you guys talk about?"
"Uhh..." I tried to think of something less-upsetting then, 'well kids, your daddy wants Madison in his life but not Max or Megan, and this so-called great Daddy is taking Madison away from our family in just a few hours.'
"Well, uh, kids, your Daddy wants to get to know all of you guys, but, separately." I began my spiel, changing the story a little bit to make it less hurtful.
"And he wants to get to know Madison, first." I explained, adverting my eye contact from Madison's brown eyes, to Max's blue eyes, to Madison's brown eyes, to Max's blue eyes, waiting for their reactions.
"Is he going to like, take me to McDonalds for playing?" Asked Madison, furrowing her eyebrow. She climbed off the couch, and went to stand beside Max. "Can I go play at McDonalds with them?" Asked Max. "I promise I'll be really good. But if I'm not aloud, I guess I can wait until it's my turn to visit him."
"No, no... You won't be going to McDonalds to play with Daddy." I shook my head slowly, "Madison will actually be moving in with Daddy, for about a month," I said, whispering the last few words.
"I'll be leaving?" Madison asked, eyes widening. Max immediately grabbed his little sisters' hand, and held it tightly, "I don't want Madison to leave. I love her."
Tears began to well up in my eyes. "Max, it'll only be for a month-"
"But Mum, that would be an entire month without my favorite person. Please don't make her go away." Max begged.
"But... What if I want to get to know my Daddy." Madison whispered, pulling her hand away from Max's grasp. "Wait, what?" Asked Max. He sounded more hurt then he'd ever sounded in his life. "I want to go live with Daddy for a little while, so I can know him more." Said Madison, looking down at the ground.
I watched as a tear appeared in the corner of Max's eye, then slowly rolled down his cheek, as he stared at Madison. Max turned back towards me, and began shaking his head, "But when will it be my turn to live with Daddy? I want to know him, too. Mum, this isn't fair."
"I'm so sorry Max, but Madison is going to live with Daddy, first-"
"I love Daddy the most out of this whole entire family! And Madison was my second favorite person in our family, and now I don't get to be with either of them!" Max exclaimed, as more tears began rolling down his cheeks.
"Baby-"
"Why can't I just have anything happy?" Asked Max, body beginning to tremble as he cried.
"Max, listen to me-"
"Can I go live with Auntie Perrie? I hate this house. And you, Mum. I hate you."

Well Damn.
I tried to choose the best feedback, but you guys are amazing. I couldn't choose one, but
just know I love you so much & thank-you.
xo
Q: Chapter rating? How will Liam handle being a father? Any feedback?
P.S. The photo is Madison and Megan when they were younger,
and Megan's hair was lighter.