19. Joshua Davis

19. Joshua Davis

Danielle.
-Not edited-

Niall dropped off Madison last night, and I didn't notice. I asked Madison about it, and she told me I was already in bed after she came home, so she just crawled into her bed and went to sleep. I felt so bad, because Madison threw up once and didn't come tell me.

But you don't even understand how thankful I am that Madison didn't see the mess I created last night. After my cry-session, I cleaned up the broken glass and the bruised-fruits. Then I headed to bed. Madison got dropped off by Niall after I had already fallen asleep.

Then today, Niall dropped Max and Megan off at 8am so I could take them to school.

I know what you're thinking... What kind of Mother am I, letting my children have a sleepover on a school night? I'm just trying to be that 'cool' Mum. Deal with it. I like being able to give my children what they asked for, and what they all asked for, was a sleepover with Mason. So I complied.

It's noon now, and the kids are in school. Megan and I are looking through the website Pinterest, looking for Halloween costume ideas. I know it's a little early, but the kids are always eager to find cute, fun, original costumes for the holiday. Madison already thinks she wants to be a kitten.

Max thinks he wants to be a pirate, and Megan isn't sure. She's pointed to three separate pictures of princesses, so I'm thinking that's the direction we'll head in.

Max and Madison haven't mentioned Liam since that night when my parents came for dinner. I'm half-glad that they're not talking about him, but half-upset because Liam didn't want to be a part of ours lives. And of course- he had to tell me through a lame text message. He's a coward.

"Howho," Said Megan, pointing to another princess costume. This costume was referenced from Jasmine from Aladdin. "Pretty," I commented, pinning the photo in a costume idea folder I created. We scrolled through pictures for the next 10 minutes, until the house-phone rang.

I climbed down from my chair, and jogged over to the ringing telephone. I picked it up, and held it to my ear. "Hello?" I asked, pausing to wait for a reply. "Hello, this is Ms. Jennings. Am I speaking with Ms. Peazer?" Asked Ms. Jennings, Max and Madison's kindergarten teacher.

I propped my elbow on the counter-top. "Yes you are, indeed." I replied, awaiting what Ms. Jennings had to say. "We want you to come in after school. I need to speak with you about something Madison did." Ms. Jennings explained, a tinge of worry in her voice.

"What... Well, what did she do?" I asked, millions of thoughts rushing through my head. She could have bullied a kid... Or fallen over and hit her head... Or maybe she bit another student...

"I would prefer to talk about it in person, as there is also something I must show you," Ms. Jennings replied, "You can come to the school at 1pm. That way my students will be in Library Class and we'll have a chance to chat. I understand you have another daughter. Feel free to bring her along. I have plenty of toys in my classroom that she can play with, while we talk."

"Fine, whatever." I sighed, frustrated that Ms. Jennings wouldn't tell me what MY daughter did that is so important. "Goodbye Ms. Peazer, see you at one." Ms. Jennings hung up her end of the call. Sighing, I ended my own end of the call and put the phone down.

"C'mon Meg, we're going for a drive." I told my younger daughter, walking towards her. She smiled when I scooped her into my arms and walked over to the door. I strung my purse over my shoulder, and slid some boots over my feet. "Which shoes do you want?" I asked Megan, bending over towards the shoe-shelf. Megan pointed at some little pink combat boots. "Okay," I replied, putting Megan down on the ground.