28. Fruit Smoothie

28. Fruit Smoothie

Danielle.

The next morning, I slid out of bed with my soft blanket still wrapped around me. I dragged myself out to the kitchen, where I put on a pot of coffee. I sulked over to the sofa, and flopped down. It was raining again outside, the raindrops reminding me of my seamlessly never-ending tears.

I wonder what I'll do today. Wallow in self pity. Like the Grinch. I'm a Grinch.

"Good morning Momma." My son's voice interrupted my depressing thoughts. I turned, and found Max standing behind the sofa with his stuffed dinosaur. "How was your sleep?" I asked, heart warming at the sight of my boy.

"It was okay," He replied, jumping up so he was balancing on his stomach on the top of the sofa. "Careful," I warned. "I'm flying!" Max exclaimed, sticking out his legs and arms. "You're silly," I remarked, poking his nose. He giggled, and slid forward onto the sofa. He sat up, and cuddled in close to me.

"What are we doing today?" Asked Max. I thought for a moment. Its Saturday today. "Um, maybe we can finish up your Halloween costumes," I suggested, realizing Halloween was going to be in less then a week. "Okay!" Max agreed, "I love Halloween costumes!"

Liam.

I woke up tired and sore. Madison insisted on multiple piggybacks last night. When that kid gets comfortable with you, she sure is rambunctious. I went to the bathroom, and looked in the mirror. I decided I best have a shower before starting a new, sweat-filled day.

I stripped off my clothes, and stepped into the glass-cased shower. I turned on the hot water, and immediately felt the warmth soak my body. It felt so relaxing. I proceeding to wash my body & hair, then take a minute to enjoy the warmth.

I wonder what Madison will want to do today. I really want to be a good father today. Nobody is probably on my side, but she is my baby girl. Imagine you had you baby girl taken away from you, then weren't aloud to see her. I took drastic measures for love. I did it for Madison.

After my shower, I got dressed in some black jeans and a white t-shirt. I slid my phone into my pocket, brushed my teeth, and styled my hair, before going to check if Madison was awake yet. She didn't want her door all-the-way closed when she went to bed, because she said she needed me to be able to get in fast if any monsters came to attack her in the night.

I poked the door open, and found Madison snoring softly on the floor. Her pink blanket was half-on her bed and half-on top of her little legs. She probably fell out of bed last night. Poor girl. I did make her sleep in a pretty big bed for her size.

I peeked at my phone and saw that it was 9:30am. I should probably wake her up. Can't have her getting into the habit of sleeping-in at such a young age. I walked over to where she lay, and bent down. I put a hand on the top of her arm, and gently nudged her.

"Madison," I cooed quietly. She rolled over, mumbling words I couldn't understand. "Baby girl, its time to wake up now." I said, a bit louder this time. One of her brown eyes fluttered open slowly. After a moment she closed it again, and groaned.

"We're going to go make breakfast now, Mads. Its 9:30am already."

"Momma lets us sleep in on Saturday mornings," Madison said, voice raspy and tired. "Well your mom's not here right now, and I'm saying its time to get up for the day," I said to Madison, a little more sternly. Madison sighed, and sat up. She rubbed her eyes with her fists.

"What's for breakfast?" Madison asked. "What do you want?" I countered. "Froot Loops." Madison replied, yawning. "I don't think I have Froot Loops..." I said, coming to a realization. "Nesquik?" She asked questioningly. I grimaced, "Sorry Madison, but no... I don't have any."