xi

The Resistance stood around a base computer as C-3PO plugged the data device from BB-8 into it. A map was projected into hologram form, however it was only a segment of the map.

"General," 3PO looked around at Leia, "I regret to inform you, but this map recovered from BB-8 is only partially complete. And even worse, it matches no charted system on record. We simply do not have enough information to locate Master Luke.

Leia looked at the map, clearly disappointed. "I can't believe I was so foolish to think I could just find Luke and bring him home."

Han turned towards her, "Leia-"

"Don't do that." Leia muttered, brushing past him to leave.

"Do what?" Han looked at Thalia in confusion, but she shrugged.

"Anything." Leia called back. Han sighed, then followed after her.

A few hours later, and people were once again gathered around the base computer. Admiral Statura stepped away from the people standing with him to get Leia.

"General, the reconnaissance report on the enemy base is coming in." He informed her. Leia sent Han a slightly apologetic smile and followed Statura back to the computer.

A wireframe hologram with the surface of the Starkiller Base was projected onto the map table. The group of inner circle Resistance members stood around it, working out an urgent and messy tragedy plan.

"The scan data from Snap's reconnaissance flight confirms Finn's reports." Poe said, leaning against the control panel.

"They've somehow created a hyper lightspeed weapon built within the planet itself." Snap, a Resistance pilot, informed them.

Brance stared at the map in front of them. "A laser canon?"

Snap took a minute, trying to figure out what to say. "We're not sure how to describe a weapon of this scale."

"It's on Ilum." Lexie Jarrus spoke up. "It's a planet strong with the Force and they're most likely using the power of kyber crystals to help fuel their weapon."

Major Ematt sighed. "Another Death Star?"

"Wish we could say that was the case, Major." Echo Jarrus hit a control button and a wireframe of the Death Star appeared. "This was the Death Star," she hit another control which shrunk the Death Star, only to be put next to the outline of Starkiller Base. "This is Starkiller Base."

Quiet sound of shock erupted from the members of the Resistance around them.

"So it's big." Han said, waving to the comparison as if it was no big deal.

"That's the size of a moon, Solo." Echo said, pointing to the Death Star. "Starkiller is a literal planet, like Lexie said."

"How is it possible to power a weapon of that size?" Admiral Ackbar asked.

"It uses the power of the sun." Finn answered. "As well as the cyber crystals," he added, nodding at Lexie, "as the weapon is charged, the sun is drained until it disappears."

An officer came up to Leia and handed her a data card. Leia glanced over it. "It's the First Order. They're charging the weapon again now. Our system is the next target."

"Oh my..." C-3PO muttered. "Without the Republic fleet, we're doomed."

"Okay," Han spoke up again and all eyes turned to him, "who do we blow it up? There's always a way to do that."

"In order for that amount of power to be contained, that base would need some sort of thermal oscillator." Sabine Wren said.

"There is one." Said Finn. He moved around the hologram to a spot on Starkiller Base and it zoomed in as he pointed to a black hexagon structure. "Precinct 47. Here."

"If we can destroy that oscillator, it might de-stabilize the core and cripple the weapon." Statura said.

"We'll go in there and we'll hit that oscillator with everything we've got." Poe said, hoping to boost the spirits of everyone in the room.

Admiral Ackbar shook his head. "They have defensive shields that our ships cannot penetrate."

"We disable the shields." Celeste pointed out plainly. "You worked there," she looked at Finn, "what do you have."

"I can do it." Finn affirmed without missing a beat. "I can disable the shields, but I have to be there on the planet-"

"We can get you there." Ezran and Thalia said at the same time.

Leia looked at both of them incredulously. "How?"

Thalia shrugged. "You wouldn't like it."

"She's your kid." Leia muttered to Han.

Poe clapped his hands together, "so we disable the shields, take out the oscillator and we blow up their big gun. Alright, let's go!"

With Poe's word, the group standing around the base computer split up, going to ready themselves for the attack.