xiv

After ridding themselves of Phasma, the group got to the junction area with blast doors to the atrium nearby,

"We'll use the charges to blow that blast door." Finn said as they took cover from troopers walking around the corridor. "I'll go in and draw fire but I'm gonna need cover."

"You sure youre up for this?" Kaleb asked.

"Hell no." Finn's answer was clearly not what any of them were hoping for. "I'll go in and try to find Rey," he began improvising, "the troopers'll be on our tail. We have to be ready for that. There's an access tunnel that'll lead—" Kaleb pointed with his chin to something behind Finn. "Why are you doing that?" Finn stared at him, then copied the motion. "I'm trying to come up with a plan-"

Kaleb used the hilt of his lightsaber to point over Finn's shoulder to Rey, who was climbing up the wall and to the main level.

A few minutes later, Han's group had looped around to the side where they saw Rey coming up. As they rounded a corner, they were met with Rey's blaster pointed at them. She lowered it in shock, staring at them.

Few words were exchanged but soon Han interrupted Rey and Finn's hug.

"Escape now, hug later." He said pointedly.

They made their way back to the original lift they had come down in and Han ushered them all in quickly. As he entered, Chewie bent down and picked up the coat Han had discarded earlier and handed it back to him.

"Sky support isn't doing too hot." Arc informed them after a short message from Karlos, Alexa, Sarai and Jacen, who were on the Ghost helping the others. "We need to go help them."

Chewie lifted his duffle full of explosives and groaned, getting their attentions.

"My mom would love you, Chewie." Arc said as the Wookiee split up explosives to everyone in the lift.

They split, though all made it to the oscillator structure about the same time. They all took a section of the structure to place bombs on every other column.

"Wren." Han called, and Arc turned, only just in time to catch the detonator being tossed to him. "Your mom likes this stuff, make her proud with this one."

Across the oscillator, a small group of people appeared. They carefully made their way across the expanse to meet up with Han's group.

"Dad!" Thalia called quietly, though it echoed through the dark structure and Han almost tripped as he looked around.

"Thals," he met her halfway and pulled her into a hug. "I'm glad youre okay, is everyone you had with you good?"

"Yeah." She nodded quickly. "Dad-Ben- he's-"

Han looked around at the sudden commotion of First Order people entering the oscillator.

"Go that way, stay with the Chewie and the Ghost crew." Han instructed, letting go of her. "Be careful."

As the two split, Han kept his eyes on the man clad in black who swept across the levels. Finally, he made it past Han's hiding spot and went to walk across the bridge.

Han tossed the things he was holding aside and followed him slowly. He stepped onto the bridge before saying word.

"Ben!"

The name echoed, bringing everyone's attention to the source. Kylo Ren turned around at the sound of his old name.

"Han Solo." He said, his voice distorted due to the mask he wore. "I've been waiting for this day for a long time."