xviii

[ THE LAST JEDI ]

"Resorting to physical torture? Seems a bit extreme." Castriel Tritium stood up, flipping his hair out of his face as he looked over his shoulder at the person questioning him.

"Well, Fintan," Castriel shook his wrist, getting feeling back into it after the last punch he had landed on Kaleb Jarrus, "I don't see any Force users around, do you?"

Maeve Fintan tossed Kaleb's lightsaber into the air and caught it again. "Hmm, just the bloody one on the floor."

"I want a go at him at some point." Otara Pryde spoke up, brushing past Maeve to enter the room.

"If you keep beating him, we won't get any information about the Resistance." Atlas Javal leaned against the opposite side of the doorway that Maeve was also propped against.

"You two just don't know how to have fun." Otara bit back, squatting down by Kaleb's body on the ground.

He hadn't moved since Castriel had gotten up, though he was still clearly breathing and alive.

"Do you know who I am?" Otara asked, taking ahold of Kaleb's jaw and jerking his face so that he was looking at her.

A small grunt of pain escaped him, but he managed to shake his head after getting a good look at her.

"See, not everyone knows who are, Pryde." Maeve snapped, rolling her eyes. "Get a new personality trait."

"You talk some shit for someone who's only conversation topic is their stormtrooper girlfriend." Otara glared at the other girl before returning her attention to Kaleb. "Your mother killed my mother, you haven't heard the story?"

"Cant say I have." Kaleb answered through a small cough. "My mother was an assassin, you'll have to be a little more specific."

Fury flared in Otara's eyes and she stood up, kicking Kaleb in the ribs and forcing him to curl into himself.

"Come on now, Pryde, what did we just say." Atlas rolled his eyes.

"Trying to protect him, huh?" Otara turned on Atlas, storming over to him and pushing a finger into his chest, causing him to fall silent. "Not so talkative now, Mr. Resistance."

"Don't call me that." Atlas hissed, hitting her hand away. "If anyone here is a spy it would be Fintan."

"I've barely said anything." Maeve spoke up defensively. "But that's true, the rest of you wouldn't have the stomach to betray the First Order."

Castriel interrupted before Otara or Atlas could fire back at her. "I wouldn't let Ren hear you saying that, or Hux. They'd both be on your ass."

Kaleb had managed to push himself off the ground and to his hands and knees. Shakily, he lifted a hand off the ground in an attempt to channel enough power to bring his lightsaber from Maeve's hand into his own.

The hope was crushed, however, when Castriel brought his foot down onto Kaleb's hand. A painful crunching noise followed and as soon as Castriel's boot was off Kaleb's hand, he brought it to his chest, trying to put enough pressure on it to deter himself from thinking about the throbbing pain.

"God, you're a pain." Castriel muttered, kneeling down to grab the front of Kaleb's shirt and lift him off the ground.

Otara strolled around Castriel and Kaleb till she was behind the Jedi, then grabbed a chunk of his hair and pulled his head back.

"Let's have some fun, why don't we?" She muttered into his ear as he leaned his head back to alleviate the pain from her pulling his hair.

"Cant say you lot are the ideal group for that." Kaleb managed out, only to groan in pain as Otara kicked the back of his knees.

Castriel let go of his shirt and let him fall back to the ground, the only resistance now being Otara's continued grip on his hair.

"Not your kind of fun, Jedi," she said, a smile coming across her face. "My kind of fun."