xvii

Back on D'Qar, the Resistance was celebrating the destruction of Starkiller Base while simultaneously mourning the loss of Han.

As the Ghost Crew entered, Arc, Luca, Ayron, and Alexa made their way through the crowd to find Kanan and Lexie. They saw them standing to the side of a larger group.

"Lexie," Arc took the lead, pushing past the three siblings to get to Kanan and Lexie.

Lexie looked at them in concern. She could see clearly the looks on their faces and when she saw three of her children, but not Kaleb, her stomach dropped. "What's wrong?"

"Kaleb stayed back." Alexa said, interrupting Arc before he could even get a word out. "He's...alive-Hes just..."

"Not here." Arc finished. "I'm sorry," he apologized quietly. "I tried to stop him but he made us leave and-"

"It's okay." Kanan interrupted the beginning of Arc's rambling before it could get too bad. "Are you okay?" He dropped his voice as he looked at Lexie's now blank stare.

She nodded slowly. "I'm fine. Just-" She cut herself off and Kanan nodded in understanding, silently telling her that she didn't have to elaborate.

"I'm sorry." Arc apologized again, but Lexie shook her head.

"We'll get him back, it's not your fault." Lexie said, then pulled Arc and her children into a hug.

Kanan rested his chin on Lexie's head, adding to the hug. "He's just like you, Lex."