12//freedom at last?

edited.

The next day, Hailey was woken up very early by one of the guards banging on the door loudly until everyone was awake. Then, the guards went around unlocking their cells so they could use the washroom. 

She realized that the row of cells in front of her was lined up in between their rows of cells. Like a brick pattern, so all she saw directly in front of her was a wall and the glass she did see was shaped in such a way that she could not look inside the cell.

She was sure this remained true for all the cells so no one could see the code the guards were entering.

Hailey was taking in every detail, there was no way she was staying here for any longer than she had to and while she was at it, she was going to make sure everybody was freed. 

After they finished showering, everybody was taken to breakfast. Hailey had never had such a sad breakfast- not even at the Dursleys. For breakfast, they served a boiled egg and vitamin pills. And one of the guards stood over her as she swallowed them and then he poked around to make sure she wasn't hiding it in her mouth.

Then they were led to a 'classroom', it was to learn karate. Hailey was one of the oldest people there. She felt sick as she saw other girls as little as six being forced to learn. The instructors were merciless when they taught. They didn't think twice about hitting the little ones. Finally, they were put into pairs to practice all the moves they learned. 

"You will only get lunch if you beat your opponent," she said. Hailey was paired with a 10-year-old. She tried just enough so the instructor wouldn't suspect anything but she couldn't win. How could she eat when it would cost a child to go hungry?

Her stomach most definitely disagreed with her as it growled in protest since it had not been fed properly in the past 24 hours. But Hailey knew she could hold up longer, much longer despite the exertion she experienced from training. She had gone days without meals at the Dursleys.

Then, she was taken to an indoor gun range. She didn't know why but the room made her nervous. Maybe it was the red right or maybe it was the hot air but she was sweating profusely barely able to keep her hands straight. She did manage to hit the bullseye 1/5 times though.  

Her heart ached at the sight of little seven-year-olds holding guns and shooting at the target without even blinking. Is this really what the world had come to?

Her next class was 'art'. They were being taught how to sew patterns onto a piece of cloth. Hailey was completely lost as to how they could potentially benefit from teaching hundreds of captive girls how to sew. She was fairly adequate at everything else but her sewing skills were horrid at best. She couldn't even get a line straight so as a deterrent from not sewing well enough- they gave her vitamin pills but no actual dinner. 

After that, Hailey was assigned dinner duty and thankfully, Grace was with her. The chef was a mean bitch. She could throw every Karen out of business and single-handedly continue spreading misery.

 She shouted instructions in Russian expecting Hailey to actually understand but she obviously didn't. Natasha had only taught her a few polite words and some conversational sentences in Russian. But Hailey could bet her Nimbus 2000 that Snape would skip through the hallways humming Backstreet Boys before this grimalkin came up with anything 'polite' or 'conversational' to say.

And of course, as a deterrent from not knowing Russian, this shrew made her grate a kilogram of frozen cheese. She was teaching them how to make Beef Stroganoff and Russian Rugelach.

"I'll make sure to sew properly if this is dinner," Hailey muttered to Grace who was chopping vegetables beside her.

"Oh, you think they'll let all the Widows get fat and ruin their faces with this oily, fatty food?" Grace asked rhetorically. "It's for the pig, Dreykov, and his minions,"

"On a scale of 1-10, how good of an idea is it to spit in this food?" Hailey asked.

"Terrible, they'll put you in Solitary," Grace whispered back.

"Solitary?" Hailey asked curiously.

"It's a type of prison where you don't get contact with anyone. It's horrible, I heard from one of the older ones that they don't let you see, hear or speak. Don't do anything stupid Hailey, keep your head down," Grace warned.

Hailey gulped and continued grating the cheese like she was supposed to. When she was done, her fingers felt like they were about to fall off. It was 11:00 PM at night and she fell asleep as soon as she hit the bed.

~-~-~

The next day Hailey re-mapped everything in her head and looked for an exit. A way she could free herself and the others but she found nothing. Absolutely nothing at all.

It was only her third day and she was extremely frustrated, there was no way she was staying another day. She needed to leave this hellhole and free everyone else too because no way was she letting Dreykov ruin another defenseless girl's life.

She was practicing at the gun range when she saw Dreykov standing outside talking to his minions laughing as if she had said some really funny joke.

Reckless rage overcame her. She ran towards him, her gun ready to fire. How dare he laugh while hundreds of others suffered BECAUSE OF HIM?!

She pointed the gun right in Dreykov's face ready to pull the trigger. The man just laughed harder. He probably thought she was too weak to fire after the other day but, she would pull the trigger today.

"Go ahead, pull it little girl," he encouraged.

Hailey attempted to pull the trigger but she just couldn't force her hands to press the trigger. She looked up at Dreykov with a confused expression on her face. Why wasn't her body listening to her brain?

"You are cute," he said laughing. He grabbed the gun out of her hand and pressed the trigger upwards. Hailey flinched as the sound of the gunshot rang through the room. "You think I give my widows guns without insuring my own protection? The suits are built with pheromonal locks,"

His face turned grave. He pressed the remote and the screen popped back up.

"Perhaps, I should get her killed? You clearly don't care enough about her well-being," he said with a sinister smile on his face.

 Natasha was still unconscious and tied up to a chair. Hailey's heartbeat quickened. Hailey was about to beg him to forgive her and not hurt Natasha when she noticed something. The image quality was very clear but something about it was off.

She looked closely, Natasha looked much younger in this than she did now. She was wearing a necklace but only the arrow one. The poppy was missing and Hailey knew she never took it off. Even if she did, she would never dismantle it to remove the poppy. She also noticed the huge gash on her upper arm she had said she'd gotten in the Battle of New York was missing 

This wasn't Natasha.

To be clear- it probably was Natasha but he didn't have her. He was just bluffing. Maybe he was using a video clip from another time. Likely a few years back.

"Please, I'm sorry! Don't do anything to her!" Hailey begged as she realized that's what Dreykov wanted to hear. He didn't have anything against her and he didn't know she knew.

He advanced towards her and put his disgusting hands on her face, squeezing it. She could feel his nasty breath on her, she felt like throwing up. She looked him dead in the eyes no matter how much she wanted to look away.

"Try something again and watch what I do to that aunt of yours," he spoke through gritted teeth before letting Hailey go and walking away.

A/N: LEAVE COMMENTS!! PLEASEEEE. Idk what you're thinking :(