20//home

A/N: I've fallen back into continuing this story! Now that I read back, I kind of wish I made Hailey younger. A little kid for Steve and Natasha to learn to raise but I guess this dynamic is interesting to write about. Leave suggestions down below!

*Events of the Captain America and the Winter Soldier take place but Steve and Natasha get even closer*

Hailey had been a little bit apprehensive at first about going home. She was sure, Natasha was going to be absolutely livid after the stunt she pulled. It entailed everything from confronting a serial killer to attacking a professor to getting attacked by a professor-turned-werewolf. She had little comfort knowing the time-traveling bit wasn't going to reach Natasha and she didn't plan on telling her either.

Of course, since Ron was dragged into the Whomping Willow by Padfoot and then things just kept happening one after the other, it was not their fault. However, she did not know how reasonable Natasha would be. After the Red Room and the sneaking out to Hogsmeade, she was, in no unclear terms, told that she absolutely should not be caught in any more trouble.

But luckily, she was able to breathe a sigh of relief when she read the letter from Natasha which was brief and mentioned nothing of her being in trouble or anything of the sort. Hailey could not have been happier and she was more excited than ever to return home for the summer!

After bidding everyone goodbye, Hailey stepped into the fireplace at platform 9 & 3/4 and went home.

Mr. Rogers and Natasha were waiting for her when she arrived. Natasha enveloped her in a hug and placed a small kiss on top of her head.

"Does that thing not burn you?" she asked Hailey. Hailey laughed and shook her head.

That's when she noticed that the living room looked different. It was painted blue for one and there was a wall with wallpaper too. Her eyes landed on what used to be a bare display case but was now decorated with trophies and medals. On the very top were the small trophies that they had found in the box belonging to Lily and Natasha. Underneath that were more professional-looking medals and trophies.

Hailey moved closer to examine them. They belonged to Mr. Rogers and Natasha. Several service medals and plaques from the country and even a plaque or two from S.H.E.I.L.D. 

Underneath that, right at her eye level were...her trophies?

There was the service plaque she had been given in her second year for defeating Tom Riddle and an MVP cup from her first year as the youngest seeker. And then the several medals she had gotten for excellent academics in defense (every year) among one or two other subjects as well.

The wooden cabinet under the TV was filled with albums. Hailey recognized some of them right away from the box. But there were so many more now. She picked out a random one which was titled Holidays and looked through dozens of pictures from the break.

She looked around, the empty walls were now filled with frames of different sorts. She walked up to the gallery wall by the Dining table with several pictures of all three of them. There was a picture of Natasha and Yelena in their childhood and one of Natasha and Lily.

Then, some of Mr. Rogers when he was in the military. Even a picture of the whole Avengers team but without their suits and armor. Somehow that made it a whole lot better and more personal.

There was also one of Natasha and Hailey smiling together at the Statue of Liberty. One of everyone together at the Christmas party and at Natasha's birthday party. 

What surprised Hailey the most was that the biggest picture right above the fireplace was of the three of them together by a Christmas tree that they had taken over Christmas break. It was a cute candid moment where the three of them were laughing after seeing a person fall on the rink (before they met the same fate).