24//baby, baby, baby, oh!

"Steve, I want Nutella with the pancakes," Hailey demanded as she sat on the kitchen table.

Neither Natasha nor Steve could contain their smiles at the demand. They had hidden the jar of Nutella from Hailey after she had licked four jars clean in the span of three days about two weeks ago. Steve flipped the pancake and turned over to Hailey, with an amused grin on his face.

"What?! Nutella with pancakes is a very reasonable request," Hailey defended. They had repeatedly rejected all her previous ideas. As if fried rice with a side of Nutella wouldn't taste absolutely amazing.

"I have to give you that but Natasha is going out today, I'm not sure I can handle a kid on a sugar rush all by myself though," Steve joked.

"Lucky for you I am not a kid and I eat my meals with proper proportion you know," Hailey retorted.

"Fine," Steve agreed and pulled out the jar of Nutella from the cabinet above the fridge. Hailey's smile widened, so that's where they hid it.

"We're going to have to come up with another hiding place. This little rascal knows our secret now," Natasha said.

Hailey didn't reply as her eyes followed the jar of Nutella. She happily took it out of Steve's hands, unscrewed the lid, and served herself a huge dollop of the hazelnut spread.

"Proper proportions you say," Steve rolled his eyes playfully. Hailey paid no mind to them as she took a bite of her pancake with Nutella ---more like Nutella with a bit of pancake.

Now that her breakfast was secured, it was time to break the news to Steve and Natasha.

"Uh, I was wondering if I could uh so basically it's been a while since I went to Kate's for a sleepover..."

"You're still grounded you know," Natasha replied not looking up from her breakfast.

"But I've been so good! I am over a quarter way through Snape's ginormous list and I won't do anything--I won't mess up at all at Kate's," Hailey pleaded. "Please. Please. Please,"

"You know the answer to that, Hailey. You're grounded," Natasha repeated.

The party they were supposed to sneak into was tonight. Kate would ask permission to stay at Hailey's and Hailey would ask for permission to stay at Kate's. Then, they would just head over to Kate's Aunt's apartment to get ready and sneak into the party.

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee," Hailey begged.

"No-"

"Maybe, we could let her go just this once. It's been a month and she's only had the company of boring adults in this house. We haven't been able to go anywhere either, it would be a nice change for her if she went to her friend's for once," Steve intervened.

"Steve! You're making light out of a serious situation. We've already made so many adjustments when the deal was just homework all summer. The whole point of this is starting to get lost if it's not making a serious impression," Natasha argued.

"I know Nat, I am not justifying her actions or trying to make light of the situation but Hailey is an active teenager and she's been compliant and obedient," Steve said.

"I promise I'll be so good, Natasha. Pleaseeeeeeeeeee," Hailey added.

"You guys just have to make me the bad guy," Natasha exhaled.

"Fine-"

"YAYYY-"

"There are still rules though. This is a one-time thing and you will not leave Kate's house without an adult. I want no trouble at all or-"