17//christmas

edited.

Christmas Eve...

Christmas Eve was hectic that year. Christmas presents had already piled up under the tree that Hailey and Natasha had decorated together. 

And Hailey had yet to finish wrapping all the gifts. She'd sent off Hedwig to deliver gifts to Ron and Hermione and she'd already packed gifts for everyone. Even Mr. Rogers, for whom she had developed a wizarding photo of him falling on the ice while they laughed. She'd even put it in a nice frame. Natasha however was nearly impossible to shop for. 

Finally, Hailey settled on a bracelet. It wasn't an ordinary bracelet, she'd bought it from Diagon Alley, via Owl order. Hailey knew magic and muggles did not mix well but this was going to have to be that one exception. 

It was a dainty gold bracelet with a locket. The inside of the locket had 'мама' engraved on it. It was Russian for mother but it was sealed with magic and would only open if Natasha wanted what Hailey wanted. Hailey smiled at her gift and wrapped it in gift paper. 

Hailey added the respective tags to all her gifts and dropped them off by the tree.

That's when her eyes landed on an owl pecking on the window to be let in. Hailey opened the window and the owl flew in. It dropped a large oddly shaped parcel by the tree. Hailey took it upstairs and set out some treats and bowl for it and then hurried downstairs to look at the parcel the owl had brought.

She had a pretty good idea of what it could be. Her eyes glittered with excitement, she wanted to open it now!

"You're going to have to wait 'til morning," Natasha called from the kitchen. Hailey turned back, how could she see what she was doing from there?

"Don't make that face, you're just predictable, little one," Natasha chuckled. Hailey smiled at the term of endearment Natasha had been calling her by, more frequently now than during the summer.

"Is the guest room ready?" Natasha asked.

"Yes," Hailey replied.

"And did you put away your laundry?"

"Uh huh,"

"Did you take out extra blankets and pillows?" 

"Yep!" Hailey replied still in awe of the package. She was counting the seconds 'til she could open it but she was rudely interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

Hailey got the door (after checking of course) and greeted Kate. Kate's mum was not at home during Christmas so Hailey and Natasha invited her over. Christmas spirit is always about, the more the merrier.

Kate took off her boots and coat and walked into the living room. Hailey was proud of her and Natasha's work, the living room had never looked more on theme and inviting as it did now. Kate placed the presents she had brought by the tree and settled in on the sofa with Hailey. 

Soon enough, they were interrupted by yet another doorbell. This time, it was the Barton family who was also invited over for Christmas. Hailey and Natasha greeted them with smiling faces whilst Kate was still incredibly awkward around her idol- Hawkeye.

Hailey finally got to meet Mrs. Barton and baby Lila. She was just so adorable, that Hailey could not take her eyes off the little girl. Lila was about four months old now so she really only slept most of the time. 

Cooper, however, was a different scenario. He was filled with energy and jumped around the house, leaving it up to Hailey and Kate to calm him down. 

Then, finally, Mr. Rogers arrived. Natasha had continuously eyed the door amidst conversation. Hailey had assumed she was waiting for Mr. Rogers but now that he too had arrived, Hailey had no idea who Natasha was still waiting for.