Chapter 2 - New Family

Recap

"Mirabel? Where are we?" I heard Antonio ask a bit scared. "Don't worry Tonio, Tio Bruno lives here." I quickly calmed him down. "Tio Bruno?" He asked.

That's when we heard someone ask,

"How do you guys know Bruno?"

On to the story...

???'s POV

I was just walking around helping some of the townsfolk with their problems when I noticed what seemed to be a teenager and maybe their sibling walking towards the village. I went to go greet them and ask if they were lost when I overheard the kid ask Tio Bruno.

I instantly got defensive in case they were trouble and asked, "How do you guys know Bruno?" The girl who seemed to be a little older than me turned to look at me. "I am Mirabel he's our Tio! How do YOU know him?" she asked glaring at me.

I instantly recognized her name as one of my papa's nieces. This also means that that little boy must be Antonio! "Oh! You guys must be Bruno's niece and nephew he told me about!" I exclaimed excitedly. "Huh?" Antonio asked confused.

"I am Gloria, Bruno's eldest son. Come, I'll give you a tour of the town on the way to my house." I happily said while dragging them by the arms.

Mirabel's POV

After Gloria introduced herself, she showed us all the different shops and other buildings. She also explained how they also got gifts when they didn't have a candle.

Gifts can be passed down from generation to generation but you only get a gift that is similar to the original or a gift that associates with that gift. For example, Tio Bruno has Future Sight and Prophecy so when passed down to his kids, Gloria, and her twin, they both got Prophecy but one can tell the future while the other can make a vision.

Anyways, she then introduced us to her twin sister, Floria, and her mother, Julie. After getting acquainted with each other, Antonio and I decided to hang out with Bruno for the rest of the day to catch up on everything that's been going on.

Antonio's POV

Okay so, it's been about 2 years and I couldn't be happier with my life right now. I mean, after 2 weeks of staying here, Mirabel thought that it was finally time to tell them the truth about why we ran away, and what the Madrigals have done to us while Tio was gone.

Ever since we told them, they ended up adopting us so we didn't have to go back if we didn't want to. The townsfolk were also very angry and started despising the Madrigals for what these do to us. We also eventually showed them the candle that we took with us as well with permission from Casita.

We decided to place the candle in the center of the town on the top of the fountain that had a little flat area where we could place the candle. In doing so, the town ended up coming to life. Meaning everyone in town now had a house that was alive but better as it had just gotten an upgrade of a lifetime.

Anyways, that's everything that has been going on lately and I can't wait for more adventures.

____________________________________

Sorry for not having much dialogue in this chapter. I wanted to quickly get this poster but had no idea what to put for this chapter.

Don't worry, haven't lost any motivation or ideas for the story. Just not for this chapter.

Anyways, I will try and get the next chapter up either by the end of this week or sometime next week. No promises! Bye for now!