Chapter 5 - The Unexpected Guests

Alma's POV

My family and I have been in the woods for three weeks now still searching for Mirabel. We had to take a lot of breaks since I get tired easily.

We were just about to take another break before Isabelle noticed a village up ahead. We all sighed in relief and quickly walked up to the gate to ask if we could stay and if they saw Mirabel anywhere.

As soon as we got closer I noticed everyone was staring at us. Julieta decided to ask one of them if we could stay. The only response we got was them pointing at a huge house that looked to be just like Casita but bigger and had a little butterfly painting on them.

We silently walked towards it wondering how they can live out here in the woods with zero protection and not get caught.

Dolores's POV

As we passed some of the villagers I could sort of hear them whispering different things about us. I, unfortunately, couldn't comprehend what they were saying exactly since Casita is still cracking and slowly coming apart.

That's why we need Mirabel to come back. Ever since she left, Casita has been crumbling and shaking like there's an earthquake going on.

We finally arrived at the front door and Abuela was about to knock on the door when we saw the house open a certain window. We couldn't see who was inside but I could hear them walking up to the front door.

As soon as the door opened, we knew our search has finally come to an end.
____________________________________
Hey, guys, like promised a new chapter was finally published. Now, for this week I might only be able to publish one chapter before the weekend but if I don't then it will most definitely be published on Friday night. I am also thinking about adding some new ideas I had in mind for this story so please watch out for that. See you guys next time!!