5장.

Solo leveling¦05

⤷⥐⤶

A/N

PLEASE comment, ya'll. I enjoy reading story comments, and I'd he grateful if I could find some on my own story. Also, wow, eighty plus votes on just five or six chapters.

Thanks, you guys <3

⤷⥐⤶

THE SMALL PARTY of scared humans remained on the floor, with the exception of the two that had gotten on their knees in an attempt to worship the so-called 'lord' of the dungeon.

[Y/N]'s sweat only pooled below her more and more as she bit her lip, eyes shut in fear and anxiety towards the current situation they lay in. She was glad that Jin-woo had placed complete trust in her; it was probably the only thing that made her have a bit of hope in that problem.

For the three healers which had been assigned to the raid party were all brutally taken down; with one having already lost his life so badly that even his corpse did not remain, along with other two, who seemed to be extremely traumatized.

Everyone stayed silently, seated on to the cold ground as they stared at the statue before their miniature forms.

...That is, until a man rose to his knees slowly, brows twisted in determination.

"I won't die like this." He breathed out, getting to his feet and alerting both Jin-woo and [Y/N].

"Wha...What..." [Y/N] sat on the heels of her feet, eyes widening in alarm. She thought both she and Mr. Song had told everyone to remain put; she did not understand why this man decided to be so foolish.

"I finally joined a big guild," The man called out, placing a hand on to the ground to steady and ready himself for the sprint he was about to partake in, "So I can't die here."

It seemed like he was straining himself, as the veins on his calfs and muscles popped out, teeth gritting against each other as he kept himself steady.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! DON'T MOVE!!!!"

"YEAH! I CAN DO IT!"

[Y/N] sretched her hand forward, eyes narrowing, "You can't possibly think you're even close to the speed of light rays, can you?!?!"

He smirked, "If anything, I'm confident in my own speed! I'll go through the door in an instant!"

"You wish!!" [Y/N] called out, tired of seeing humans die for no reason at all, "Just listen!"

Despite her words of warning, he sprinted forward, leaving dust and rubble behind his tracks as he zoomed towards the doors. You see, normally; if he had used that speed during a dungeon raid and shit as such, he would be quite useful.

But in this situation, he simply.....

HAD A DEATH WISH.

As he moved forward, everyone simply stared in shock; or in wonder of if he would actually make it. Though [Y/N] knew his chance of survival was almost completely zero, she simply stared, eyes wide as the man simply continued on his way towards the exit.

And soon enough, the giant statue's grey orbs glowed a bright yellowish golden, aiming directly towards the man.

!!!

Jin-woo's orbs widened as he and Chi-yul stared at the beam before them, the room flashing a bright, blinding white. [Y/N] shut her eyes, letting out a sigh as the proper vision of the room returned; she had no interest in watching any more people die.