11장.

Solo leveling¦11

⤷⥐⤶

"HMMM~ HMMM~"

[Y/N]'s hums echoed through out the building, the woman's right hand clutching Jin-who's as her other arm dangled by her side. The woman lead him by the hand, her eyes glancing around her surroundings curiosity.

Normally, she would be scared of everything, wouldn't she be?

Of course she would be.

But something in her made her brave. Like a small spark that was ignited by the kindle of the system. She had the belief that they wouldn't die. And that was coming from a normally pessimistic human.

The tiles below them weren't pretty at all, a bunch of weeds could be seen sticking out from edges here and there. On the roof, there were half-destroyed lights, though they still sparked on and off. Some parts of the roof were fallen off, revealing a hole of endless darkness.

As the two moved forward, the woman couldn't help but turn to glance at the sweating man. Her downturned eyes met his for a second, before she looked away, her cheeks dusting red slightly. "Sorry... I'm just feeling less and less confident as we go on." Jin-woo spoke, his eyes lowered to the ground. "You... you don't look scared, [Y/N]"

The woman opened her mouth to speak, before pausing. "...Not scared, huh? Of course I am... I... I'm just holding out for this." She smiled nervously, turning to him. "Plus, I doubt the system which saved us will allow us to die! We must've been picked for a reason!"

"Huh..." Jin-woo breathed as she faced forward once more. She really does think that...

The ominous silence reigned once more.

"This stench." The woman whispered, stopping for a second or two. "Must be a beast monster."

Just then, a sharp feeling in her mind rang, making her eyes lose their color.

Move!

Without a second of hesitation, the woman pushed Jin-woo to the side, before turning. Right then, her eyes met the glowing red one of a brown mammal, it's claws moving in her direction. She didn't know how, but soon enough she had moved to the side, avoiding its attack narrowly.

"[Y/N]!" Jin-woo called, getting to his feet as the wolf eyed him hungrily, the drool pooling down from in between its sharp canine, robotic teeth. The woman skidded to a stop, her hood falling down on to her shoulders as she let out a breath.

That must've been my sensing stat!

She looked at Jin-woo, who seemed to be going through inner turmoil with himself. She understood him, they were both used to overthinking. But that moment was time for fast thinking and not overthinking, she knew that at least.

As the predator stared down the man, [Y/N] eyed it from fur to claw.

[STEEL FANG RAIKAN]

It has steel fangs...

But that's all it has...

Apart its enchanced stats of a normal wolf, that's all it has going for it...

Her brows creased as sweat formed at her forehead.

What am I saying?

I struggled with low level goblins just about a week ago...

How the hell am I supposed to fight this?

She clenched her hands, her teeth pulling at her bottom lip.