1.

AUTHORS NOTE: SO, HERES CHAPTER ONE, I REALLY DO HOPE IT SEEMS MORE REALISTIC CAUSE I REALLY DO HATE MY WRITING OF BEFORE. I CANT STOP CRINGING. ALSO, JUST FOR A HEADS UP, VYNN IS ME AND I AM VYNN SO UHHHHHH YEAH. DECIDED TO MAKE MYSELF THE YOUR (THE READERS) FRIEND TO MAKE THEIR WHOLE SUICIDAL BACKSTORY SEEM LESS DRAMATIC CAUSE WTF WAS THAT BACK THEN?? HELP. YOULL SEE WHAT I MEANT BY THE IDENTITIY SHIT I SPOKE ABOUT IN THE PREFACE. ENJOY AND I HOPE YOU ALL STILL ENJOY MY WRITING AND MAYBE ENJOY IT A BIT MORE THAT MY PREVIOUS WRITING STYLE (IM A GROWN MF NOW).

Your eyes drifted about underneath your round glasses, squinting. Every once in a while, you thought (or hoped) youd make eye contact with a stranger. A simple day in Seoul it was; and you were on your way to the construction site you were to have your next raid in. An earpiece kept one ear busy, while the wire of the other hung over your second ear.

Yes, you were the weakest hunter in the Hunters Association. And yes, you were very much aware of that. Considering your physical and mental state (which were both far from what youd term okay, although youd love to keep being delusional about how you were the most normal person you knew out there – not that you knew anyone), it really wasnt a lie.

Generally, Jin-woo was termed the weakest.

Youd usually term yourself as much worse than he was, considering your self-destructive nature. But of course, you wouldnt admit it was being self-destructive; your delusional self would tag it as realism.

Maybe you just hated yourself a bit too much. Maybe the nickname you were given by your own fellow hunters stung you every now and then. Maybe not being known by your own damn name and being known as the most useless hunter hurt.

Maybe maybe it hurt to be pathetic. Compared to everyone else around you.

Gulping down the sudden pain in your throat as your stomach fell, you made a beeline for your phone. Maybe changing up the music would help. Maybe it would help the sudden urge to break down in front of everyone. Everyone who probably wouldnt notice you nevertheless, continuing on with their lives; maybe chancing you with a few disgusted or horrified glances.

As you thumb through your various options in your playlist (you needed music for everything, you didnt know what youd do without it), your eyes widened as a message fell in from the top of your phone screen. It took you everything to not drop your phone right then and there as you registered it was someone who had sent you text. Not just a notification from your favorite game, or news from the various social media platforms youd engaged in (in obvious hopes of maybe making friends).

Moving to make yourself comfortable near a wall so you were alone – or at least tried to make yourself comfortable – you finally registered whod sent you the message.

Hey there hun, I hope youre doing well. Do take care on your raid for today, all right? Once youre done, TEXT ME SO WELL MEET UP AND GET SOME ICE CREAM. MY TREAT, the text read, leaving your stomach falling further into the depths of anxiety, if that were even possible; reading the all-caps part made you flinch once, maybe even twice.

He was always so over-the-top. Always seemed so energetic. Why did he type so formally? Who did that anymore? You did, that was for sure. If there was one thing you and the charismatic dude had in common, it was that you both loved and appreciated your grammar; you never really did use slangs.

What were you to type back in response?

You had no idea. The whole concept of going out for ice cream made you so tense; not that the same person hadnt taken you out other times since you two first met about two months prior to then. Goodness, you still remembered your first meeting; how he clumsily ended up spilling his iced coffee onto your perfectly functioning hoodie the morning you had actually decided to visit the coffee shop when others were there (considering the fact that you were usually there around dawn, just when the shop opened up and no one dared to step in due to the eerie silence of the place at the time).