8장.

Solo leveling¦08

⤷⥐⤶

"... MR. SONG CHI-YUL..."

[Y/N] stared at the man, eyes wide. "...You cannot be serious."

"The door won't fully close as long as at least one person on the altar, right?" He stated cooly, "You three have many more years ahead of you... You should leave."

He turned towards [Y/N], before Ju-hee, "You two, could you help Mr. Sung?"

Of course, I'd be more than happy to help!

But I'm obviously not leaving you here-

"Y-yes!"

The woman tried to get to her feet, only for her knees to fail her, allowing her to fall flat on to her bum. [Y/N] blinked, before letting out a small huff, "Seems like you're knees won't help you... That's bad..."

Meanwhile the woman panicked, falling into a distressed state. Tears welled up in her baby blue orbs, her eyes facing Jin-woo and [Y/N]. "My legs... They won't move!"

"It must be mana exhaustion." [Y/N] breathed out, eyes shut as her [H/C] locks fell over her face. "You used up your mana earlier. Trying to save Jin-woo..."

"Mister, you should take miss Ju-hee and miss [L/N] out of here." Jin-woo spoke, voice loud enough for everyone to hear. At that, [Y/N]'s eyes opened.

"I SAID I WOULD STAY HERE!"

"THEN WHO WILL HELP MISS JU-HEE OUT OF HERE?"

"THERE'S NO TIME! GO!!"

In the end, [Y/N] only stayed silent, eyes dull as a shadow cast over her face. She didn't want to put anyone into a weird position by being dramatic. Never would she do so. But she remembered. She remembered leaving someone behind before.

Someone who was just as important as Jin-woo, if not more.

[Y/N] gazed at the man, the vision of the one whom she lost once replacing his features.

Beautiful nutmeg hued locks...

Ones that reached the back of his neck...

All ruffled and messed up...

With dull sky blue eyes...

The boy smiled at her, eyes shutting and white teeth shining bright...

"Go. I'll be fine here. I promise."

His words were comforting and soft as the knuckles of his hand brushed against the side of her bloodied cheek.

"NO! Jin-woo... I'd rather stay..." Ju-hee cried.

The man shook his head, "I promised to buy you dinner, didn't I?"

He tucked his hand into his pocket, pulling out one of the magical cores. The one he earned himself. Handing it to the woman, he spoke, "Eat it first. I'll get my payment from you when I return."

Ju-hee was only able to bite her bottom lip, tears streaming down her cheeks as she squeezed the magical core in her grasp. Gazing at [Y/N], she expected the woman to get to her feet, but the [H/C] haired only shot her a calming, cute grin.

Stretching her arm, her small hand fell on to the woman's ginger locks, "...I'll stay as well... I'll see you when I get out... Okay...?"

The woman stared for a few seconds, before her eyes widened. "This isn't time for jokes-"