𝑺𝟏 𝑬𝟓: 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒕 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Previously on Keeping up with the Lingards... 

"What the fuck is going on in here?" 

"See you later Ketchup." 

"Not to sit on it, you idiot.

***

23:44 PM

📍Castle Lingard 

"For the last time, it was Gaby texting me!" 

"Really? Gaby? So she wants to meet her cousin at night now?" 

It was night time, so usually the couple would be doing what they did best. 

Making fun of couples that went over the top in declaring their love, before laughing and realising they were just impersonating themselves. 

Not today, however. Today Anisha finally decided to confront her husband about the messages on his phone, to the number that was still without a contact name. Since she had first discovered them when Marcus had come round, a lot more had come through, and a lot of them were not that friendly. 

Anisha stood with her arms folded and a glare on her face, watching the man who looked bored, laying on the bed and watching her movement. 

"Why you going through my phone anyway? You don't see me raking through your WhatsApp to see what you last sent." 

Anisha sighed. "If you hadn't replied with the same energy as the person, I would've thought it was someone who got your number by accident. But you joke around with them, telling them when you're off to go see the- That's why you're so busy, isn't it?" 

To be honest, it was true. Date nights had been cancelled, in law dinners had been rescheduled, and there wasn't that much of 'Jess and Neesh time' as there was before. Anisha simply put it down to her other half being full up, what with his football and clothing line. And of course, he would want to hang out with his friends. She understood that. 

But her time, the time she was making for him and for the relationship, was not something she would allow to be taken advantage of. 

Jesse tutted and rolled his eyes. "Maybe you're just tired, come to bed. It's pretty late anyway." 

He yawned and stretched before lifting the duvet slightly. "You getting in or what?" 

"No, I am not getting in! I'm not doing anything until this is sorted!"

"What exactly are you sorting out?" 

"I'm trying to find out who is texting my husband saying when and where they're gonna fuck," Anisha spat. "In the park? Behind Old Trafford? Come on Jesse, in the fucking car you drive your daughter in?" 

Jesse's eyes narrowed and he quickly sat up. "Don't start coming after my child just because you can't have any." 

Silence. 

Then, tears. 

These tears slowly flowed down Anisha's cheeks, making no sound at all. The girl stayed silent, stayed strong, and looked at her husband in defiance. 

"Really, Lingard? You had to go there?" 

"No babe, c'mon, you what I meant-"

Anisha shook her head. "Unbelievable. You know, you've been a right arse ever since...well, you know. Since we lost her."

Jesse looked down, avoiding eye contact. "I know. Look, it hasn't been easy for me-"

"Not easy for you?" Anisha blasted. "How d'you think I felt? The one time I could've shared something with you, fuck it, a whole child with you, and I lost it? Everywhere I go, people are blaming me, as if - as if I wanted to lost her?! And here you are, the one person who's supposed to be by my side, taking the mick. You're unbelievable, you know? Fuck sleeping in here, I'm going someplace else." 

At that, Jesse leapt to his feet. "No, please," he begged. "Please don't go." 

"Why not?" 

"Cause I know you! You're gonna go, and then be sad, and then overdose on something because I'm being an idiot. Just like Mady!" 

Anisha stopped. The memory of one of he best friend's truly hurt, to say the least. It had been heartbreaking watching poor Rashy suffer on his own, after all, the couple had been the sort to stay together forever

But that wasn't going to stop her from getting away from Jesse. 

"Don't bring her into this," she spat. 

"Just stay here, with me. We'll be fine-"

"No way. I'm heading to a spare room," she insisted. "I'm not sleeping in the same bed as someone who wants to poke fun at my faults." 

"I didn't mean to make you sad! Come back, you know you want to." 

"I know you're being an idiot and I hate you. Leave me alone." 

"But-" 

"Jesse Ellis Lingard, leave me the fuck alone. If you want to talk, you best think about what you're going to say, cause I'm going to bed."