4. Goblins

Chapter 4. Goblins

...

Creak...

The door slowly opened up revealing the light outside that stunned Kyle for a bit before he walk forward and stepped out.

Stopping, Kyle turn back and he saw the door automatically closing. He's a little worried if the undead can defeat the evolved form of that Wraith or whatever it is called.

Shaking his head, Kyle tried to sniff the air only to be disappointed that he can't smell anything.

'Now my journey starts, let's go hunt!'

Climbing down the stairs excitedly, Kyle glance at the mansion and it looks like a mountain with a door in the middle and stairs leading to it.

He turned back and smiled, although not really but you get what I mean. After doing that, he glanced around then picked up stones in the ground and stored them in his inventory.

On his first day, it didn't come to his mind to store stones in his inventory so he was really stupid back then but it's naturally because of his excitement, fear, and nervousness.

At least he learned his lessons.

Done picking up stones, Kyle excitedly walks forward like looking around cautiously. After being broken, seeing the outside world really brings a different kind of happiness and he wants to cry and hug some trees right now but he still needed to be cautious.

...

Kyle continue walking for a minute before seeing a slime, looking at the slime curiously, he approached it but it suddenly jumped forward planning to attack him.

Surprised, Kyle jumped backward and the slime hit the ground but it jumped toward him again.

Jumping to the left, Kyle grabbed a stone in his inventory and threw it on the slime only for it to bounce away.

'...'

The slime jumped towards him again as Kyle took out the ceremonial sword as he dodged and swing it to the slime when it landed.

Swiksh

The sword cut the slime nucleus in half as it melt and was absorbed by the soil.

Kyle picked up the cut nucleus and inspected it but it only says a slime nucleus in the appraisal skill.

Still throwing it in his inventory, Kyle moved forward before seeing a group of goblins sitting in a campfire cooking something.

Looking at their equipment, he lost motivation in attacking them, they are too well equipped, the goblins even have helmets, armor, boots, and gauntlets the size that fits them.

For Kyle, it was surprising because it looks like the goblin have their own blacksmith.

He plan to lay a trap somewhere and lead them to it but he didn't even know if they are bad goblins or good goblins.

So for now, Kyle decided he will watch their every move.

...

The group of goblins chatted with each other happily after finished eating the roasted boar they ate. After that, they continue to walk not knowing someone is following them.

"Gu?" A goblin archer suddenly muttered then he squinted his eyes looking at the distance.

"Gua?" The goblin who looks fierce and is probably the leader asked. This goblin wears full body armor and a partial helmet that didn't cover his face and uses a spear.

"Gu! Gua Gua!" The archer shouted excitedly.

Hearing the archer the 4 goblins including the leader grinned then they rushed towards the place.

Kyle glanced at where they are pointing but didn't see anyone but this might be an opportunity to learn if they are enemy or neutral.

"Gu!"

The goblin archer shouted pointing at a small cute monster resembling a lotus plant that is walking with vine-like feet.

The goblins then ambushed it and roasted it.

Kyle felt dumbfounded but he continued to observe...

...

Three days passed but Kyle didn't feel that much bored since he is a skeleton and it was entertaining to watch the goblins.

So far, the goblins didn't look like the bad kind until the group of goblins led Kyle to their camp. Kyle didn't know how to get in making him frustrated but he at least get some experience points from killing goblin heading out alone.

He will only hide then ambush the goblins and slash their necks with the ceremonial sword. He already got used to ambushing and hitting the neck from the skeletons so it's not hard for him.

Although he didn't know how to roll, summersault or do some slides or something, he still knows how to ambush and slash the neck.

It's pretty direct and if you fail then you will run away, pretty much the style of a newbie assassin.

Kyle didn't bother to train his body to do rolls, summersault, slides, backflips, or something like that because he is scared of his spine breaking.

So his attacks are too amateur and he compensates it with an ambush.

What can he say? He's only a normal human and a weak skeleton, not an mc in a novel who is an otaku but when he got transported to another world he knew how to fight, do rolls, or summersault.

Anyway, Kyle started killing them because he saw a group of human merchants caravan left the camp while five human girls chained are being led to the biggest tent by the goblins while they are laughing in glee at the scared humans.

Of course, Kyle like to save them but he abandoned the idea, he didn't even know how to fight and only knew how to ambush...

But...

'Ah shit I wish I never followed the goblins'

Looking at his loots, Kyle change his sword to the crude goblin sword and hold each in his hands while dripping some poison on it that he got from the bottles clinging to the waist of the lone goblin archers he ambushed.

He didn't know how to use a bow so he stored it in his inventory.

'Now then, I only need to kill the goblin scouts and guards before ambushing them'

'But as if it's that easy' Kyle scoffed then he rushed to a lone goblin and killed it swiftly.

He has an infinite stamina, so he is not going to stop killing. He also got used to flesh, blood, and deads now especially since those abominations in the mansion are more scarier than seeing a dead goblin.

'I wonder when will they successfully notify the camp of the dead body?' He thought as he ambushed a goblin who is planning to scream after seeing a dead goblin on the ground.

The sudden silenced noise attracted a goblin and the goblin went towards the noise only to die.

Kyle is near the camp that's why the goblins rarely come by in groups unless, for scouts returning or scouts going out, everyone is doing their own business or chatting.

'Hm... Let's just wish the I will make it in time' Kyle thought feeling like he wants to rush the killing of goblins but he knows that if he does so, he will get discovered quickly after all he didn't have time to hide their bodies.

'How troublesome'

Killing a goblin who got worried over his friend, Kyle hid again.

[Congratulations! You level up from 4 to 5]

[You have met the requirements to evolve do you wish to proceed?]