Chapter 11

Lieutenant Kim was up early on August 12 when Eve was readying herself to leave. He couldn't really sleep last night, even if they wouldn't talk every day, he would see her around and that was enough, but not getting to see her at all for 3 days straight, that was cruel. He knew he couldn't get in her way, but hey, it was only for three days, how bad could it be? Moreover, they weren't together, so why was he so bothered about this issue? He sat up from his bed and stripped his baby blue tank top and his black shorts, he headed to the shower with all of his colleagues. He turned on the water and stepped into the cold shower.

"Lieutenant Kim! Up so early?" a rough, but fake friendly voice greeted.

He didn't have to turn to check who that was, because he knew it was Sehun. They weren't exactly in good terms, he couldn't say he hated him either, it was just, he couldn't stand the fact he was here because of his dad, and he got that rank because of his dad. Bluntly, he was here, but didn't work for it.

"Yeah, gotta send someone to Korea", Jongin stated in a stern voice, while rubbing his bare chest with bubbles and soap.

"I hear Captain Kim took a pass. Why?"

Jongin knew he wasn't just curious, he felt like Sehun wanted to know every move Eve was making, which kinda annoyed the shit out of him, but he kept it to himself, because Sehun was still his superior, even if he was younger than him.

"I don't know."

"C'mon, you must know. You never give passes to those with no reason."

"I happened to give her one since it's her first", Jongin said, while wrapping a towel around his waist. "If you want to know, ask her. I know nothing. She'll leave in 2 hours."

Kim Jongin headed to his room and he chose one of his uniforms, the camo one, with the hat, and went to the booth to drink a coffee. He didn't really like that bitter taste of coffee, and he didn't usually drink, but he needed one that day, since he didn't get any sleep.

The warm liquid went down his throat and he felt already his blood rushing in his vessels. He wished it tasted different, but he was grateful for the fast effect. He felt more awaken after that cold shower and after a sip of hot coffee. Many soldiers were early today, he wondered why, it was usually quiet, but that morning, he heard people talking, gossiping, murmuring everywhere. After a careful observation he realised it was Eve's platoon. He recognised Soldier Byun, Jisoo and more. He knew Park was still injured, in the infirmary.

Eve woke up early on her 'departing' day, couldn't call it a depart, she wasn't leaving for good, but she felt like she was going to abandon a part of herself in Busan again. She barely got 3 hours of sleep. She was not going to see him for 3 days. Well, she'd be back and they'd catch up, right? Eve sighed as she got up from her bed, checked her luggage again and went in the shower, she took a hot one, she needed to loosen up a bit. When she'd be coming back, she'd have to work three times harder to catch up.

Everything was in place, and she still had the time to go and eat something, but first, she had to make a stop. She went to the infirmary and found Soldier Park in his lying position. Eve straightened her voice and muttered a 'good morning'. Chanyeol looked at her and suddenly tried to stand up, but Eve stopped him and smiled.

"Stay there, soldier!" Eve greeted again. "I hear you're not going to be here for any longer", Eve continued while averting her eyes from him, "uhm, you must know already that I took a pass and I won't be here for 3 days", she waited and Chanyeol nodded, "good, well, you're gonna be in charge of my platoon's training, I'm sure you heard we got our next mission next week. That is on 19th August, I guess", Eve waited and he nodded again.