𝟎𝟎𝟐- 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞; 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐜 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 "𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝".
_______________

"Charles, may I request something..?" you asked, making the man look at you in confusion before nodding as a reply. "Please let me help you somehow—or maybe just let me observe?" you begged, bored out of your mind. He hesitated before sighing lightly, "I would refuse because of Diluc's wishes but I think you may as well observe. It's not like Diluc will be around today anyway". You thanked him and decided to sit down, ready to have something interesting happen for once in a while.

"We'll be opening now" Charles announced to you before opening up the tavern. It took a couple minutes but people quickly arrived; you knew it was popular in here but really, that many people?

After a while of striking up conversations with people, you noticed Kaeya. You hadn't spoken to him properly for months, heck even a year! You debated whether to go up to him or not, what if he hated you for some reason? Before you could finish deciding, you heard your name being called. You snapped out your gaze and saw Kaeya looking at you. You walked over to him with a nervous smile.

"Hey, Y/n! I never see you out, master Diluc doesn't force you inside does he? It's rather a shame to keep such a kind person inside—but of course that's just Diluc in general" he suddenly said, giving you the impression that he shared no hate towards you. You panicked for a moment before replying "No, Diluc wouldn't do that ha.. I just have many things to do—so I just go out at night usually. I freed up all my time today so I decided why not observe the tavern for once". Kaeya chuckled and drunk a bit of his drink before speaking, "Quick to defend him, huh? You know, i don't like to pry into peoples business but I can tell you and Master Diluc don't particularly have the best relationship". Your eyes widened before you relaxed on the stool next to him, "well.. I suppose not. How'd you tell?". He hummed and avoided the question quickly, asking you if you wanted to meet up by the gates tomorrow morning.

You thought before nodding enthusiastically, you never got to do anything but work so of course you wanted to. He chuckled at your response before excusing himself to some man and sending you a (somewhat) friendly wink and a small wave, leaving you to help Charles with the tavern.

After closing the tavern, you returned to your room and flopped onto your bed. You didn't bother closing the door nor changing to different clothing as you fell asleep slowly.

Meanwhile, Diluc walked into the house. He knew you'd be home already, he didn't really realise you'd gone out until he heard a couple people speaking about how they had spoken to you at the tavern earlier that day. He had least expected you to go to the tavern especially since you had no interest in drink whatsoever and simply decided you had wanted to get your mind off things; he didn't blame you if that was the case. He sighed as he walked past your room, stopping when he saw the door wasn't closed. He peaked in as he noticed your sleeping figure, a huff of relief escaping his lips when he realised you didn't smell of drink at all.

He hesitantly tucked you into your bed before walking out of your room, closing the door behind him. If you hadn't already noticed; they had separate bedrooms.

                           _______________