𝟎𝟎𝟔- 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩; 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞

_______________

"Me and Kaeya?.." you repeated in confusion, catching on to his apparent jealousy. "That's what I said—go on and explain, would you?" he muttered, his hands wrapping around your waist slowly. You went red at the sudden contact, secretly making Diluc feel the slightest bit better knowing you still showed some interest in him. "Are you..are you saying you think me and Kaeya are anything more than friends?!" You questioned, unsure whether to laugh, hug him or run off. Silence filled the air as he let go of your waist and avoided your gaze.

'Please don't make me regret this' you thought before crashing yourself into Diluc's chest, hugging him tightly. He did nothing for a moment but heat up; that was until he pulled your face up to face him. Unsure of what was to come, you felt confusion come over you.

Suddenly, he pressed his lips to yours. You felt a feeling you were sure you wouldn't feel around Diluc: Love. You realised that maybe all this time—you were in love with him. You kissed back, placing your hands on his neck almost automatically. You almost felt like Kaeya had meant for this happen: maybe it was just fate.. Diluc slipped his tongue into the kiss and you stayed there for a while, eventually breaking the kiss and embracing eachother.

"Can you..promise me something?" Diluc spoke up a small smile tugging at his lips. You nodded with a smile back. "Promise me you won't fall for Kaeya, please.." he said, looking away from you. You chuckled before nodding, "You realise I'm completely in love with you, right? Kaeya and me are just friends". He let out a small huff before grabbing your hand and shutting the tavern door, "Let's go home, alright?". You nodded and mentally thanked Kaeya; even if he got you back together in a weird way—he still did it.

On your way back, you both held hands and a (for once) comfortable silence filled the air. After a while, Diluc  stopped and pulled out a key "we're here love..". You nodded, blushing slightly. You were about to head to your room when he pulled you off to his, "Stay with me, please?". You went deeply red before nodding, causing Diluc to go a shade of red himself. "I love you" you muttered as you both drifted off to sleep next to eachother on his bed.
_______________