chapter 6 "flustered"

Yuu sighed as he fell into the couch after taking a much-needed shower and cleaning the living room to the best of his capabilities. 

Guren had left a while ago to pick up dinner and should return soon so Yuu had a little bit more time to himself. 

"Should I have told him?" Yuu thought back to earlier. Guren obviously suspected something was up but uncharacteristically left Yuu alone instead of pushing for an answer. 

After thinking about it, Yuu shook his head. How would he even begin to explain what was going on? Yuu himself didn't know what was happening to him. 

Yuu never had any interest in dating growing up. He was too obsessed with video games and finding out about his birth parents to even look in a female's direction but he always assumed by default that he was straight despite having no evidence to prove that he was or not.

Mika was the first person to fluster Yuu like this and he wasn't even Human?! 

"Calm down Yuu...Mika doesn't even know what a kiss is. It meant nothing…." Yuu repeated to himself the words he has been telling himself since that day. 

They calmed him down for a moment but as always the kiss replayed in his mind causing him to turn a deep shade of red. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME!" He screamed before grabbing his jacket. 

He texted Guren he was going for a walk before storming out the apartment to clear his head.

🧜‍♂️🧜‍♂️🧜‍♂️

After swimming a while, Mika finally made it to the familiar rocks near the shore of Odaiba. Fate was on his side as the beach was nearly deserted due to the sun beginning to set.  There were a few stragglers but they were so far away from where he was he doubts they would notice him. 

Mika looked at the shore slightly freaked out about what he was going to do.

"You can do this!" Mika hyped himself up. "If anything goes wrong just crawl back to the water. You'll be fine!" 

Mika closed his eyes and took a deep breath before making his way towards the shore. 

The distance between the rocks and the shore was short but felt like miles but Mika finally made it where he wasn't able to swim anymore. Putting his palms flat on ground, he pushed himself up and started crawling out of the water. 

He crawled until he reached the part of the sand that wasn't wet from the tide but was still hidden from general passersby. He didn't know how long it took so he sat back and waited for his tail to dry.

Ten minutes passed and then twenty but nothing seemed to be happening. Another Ten minutes went by and Mika was starting to believe that the legend was false. 

He has never been out of the water this long and was starting to feel the effects. His skin was starting to dry and it was lowkey getting harder for him to breathe. Just as he was accepting that he might die, he felt a strange sensation in his tail. 

Mika looked down and noticed his tail was glowing. He watched in awe as his tail split into two and slowly transformed into two appendages similar to his arms except at the end weren't hands but feet. 

"It worked!" He exclaimed as he touched them. He was amazed at his new acquired legs. "It really worked!" 

He inspected his legs admiring every strange thing about them for a few minutes before his face screwed in confusion. 

"How do these work?" 

His mind immediately went to his time with Yuu trying to remember how the human operated his own noticing he was standing to move.