Chapter 1 "Friends?"

'Damn Guren!' Yuu mentally cursed his adoptive father. He didn't even want to be here. He could be at home looking for a job but nope. Guren had forced him to go to the beach with his friends for reasons unknown. Yuu just knew it was probably to get his ass out of the apartment.

Ever since graduating high school, yuu hadn't left his room except for a few times. He had been waitlisted at Seraph University so he had nothing to do besides sit around. Just when he finally decided to go job hunting, Shinoa came by inviting him to go to the beach with her, Mitsuba , Kimizuki, Yoichi , and Makoto . He was going to decline but G uren had conveniently come home then and damn near  threw him out of the house.

Yuu Sighed and stared out at the blue ocean. He was the only one there besides the many strangers spread out over the beach. The others wanted to change into their swimsuits while yuu could care less what he was wearing and went on ahead. They were sure taking their sweet ass time.

A splash from nearby broke yuu out of his thoughts. Yuu looked around and noticed something near the rocks. He stood up to take a better look and noticed what looked like a person flailing their arms in and out of the water.

'Shit! Is someone drowning! ' Yuu looked around in panic to see if anyone else has noticed the person. Everyone else was way too far away and  looked like they didn't see a thing.

"Fuck!" He mutter through gritted teeth before running towards the rocks taking off his shirt, jumping into the water.

___________________________________________________________________________

Yuu coughed trying to catch his breath. After he appeared to be breathing normally he sat up straight and looked at the person he had just saved. His eyes went wide at the sight. The person appeared to be male, but that was not the surprising thing. The dude had a tail instead of legs. A. FUCKING. TAIL.

At that moment the tailed creature opened his eyes. He rolled around using his arms to position himself in a sitting position looking around before his eyes landed on Yuu. The boy's eyes were a pale blue similar to the color of his tail. His blonde hair not even wet despite him just being in the ocean a second ago.

"W-What the fuck are you?" Was the first thing to escape yuu 's mouth.

"I'm a mermaid." The boy  answered like it was a natural thing to say.

"N- no that's impossible. Mermaids don't exist!" Yuu has heard of mermaids before. In stories and Disney movies but they weren't real. This dude has to be in some kind of cosplay or something for some reason.

The boy shook his head.

"We do but we tend to stay away from the surface so humans have started to believe we are nothing more than myths." He looked at yuu . He was slightly fascinated by him. This was his first time away from home let alone on land. He has never seen a human before.

Yuu was still not convinced but decided not to question it anymore. He didn't have the energy. He used it up trying to save this so called 'mermaid'.

"If you're a mermaid why the hell were you drowning?" He asked after a brief silence.

"Oh that, I wasn't drowning exactly. I was caught on something and was trying to get free. Thank you for saving me."

"O-oh no problem," Yuu replied, a slight blush showing up on his cheeks. Wait.. . why is he blushing?! He didn't have that kind of taste! He was fucking straight! Besides this thing isn't even human.

"Mikaela...." Yuu only heard a little of what the mermaid was saying.

"Huh?"

"My name... It's Mikaela Shindo ." The boy repeated.

"Mi.. . Mika.. . mikale.." Yuu attempted to say the boy's name, but it was hard. "Fuck! I'll just call you Mika."

A smile grew on Mika's face. No one had shortened his name before. Everyone back home just called him Mikaela out of respect due to who his father was. Although he knew the human was still wary of him,he still treated him like an equal. He wasn't used to it but he liked it.

"Yuu! Where the hell are you!" Yuu knew who that abrasive voice belonged too. It was Kimizuki. They had finally made their way to the beach.

"Well, I guess I have to go." Yuu stood up. "My name is Yuu by the way."

"Yuu..." Mika repeated mostly to himself. "Ah wait!" He called out to Yuu who was about to walk away. "Can you um.. . help me back into the water?" he asked his face turned a little red from embarrassment from having to ask.

"Oh right! Sorry," Yuu walked back and wrapped his arms around Mika's dragging the blonde to the ocean. Once mika was able to swim freely he let go.

"Will I be able to see you again?" Mika asked.

"Probably not. I'm only here today and I don't really like beaches that much."

"oh. . I see." Mika wasn't happy with this answer. He liked this human and wanted to get to know him better. He'd be sad if he never got to see him again.

"B-but I mean I guess If you really wanted me to.. . I-I can find the time..." Yuu said his eyes looking everywhere but at the blonde. He can feel his cheeks going red again.

'Damn it! what is this?!!'

Mika beamed as he waved his tail happily.

"I really have to go though before my friends call search party on me. Bye!" Yuu said before walking away towards where his friends were waiting for him. Mika watched yuu 's retreating back.

'friends?'