Chapter 5 "No way to be human"

Guren frowned at the lump on the couch.

It's almost been a month since Yuu came back early from the beach that day. He looked insanely nervous, but completely ignored Guren when he asked what was wrong.

Since that day he hasn't left the house once and truthfully the place was starting to smell.

Fed up, Guren walked over to the lump and kicked it to the floor. Yuu landed with a loud thump.

"OUCH, WHAT THE FUCK!" Yuu screeched holding his now throbbing head. Yuu looked up and saw a glaring Guren standing above him.

"....."

"H-Hey Guren!" Yuu laughed nervously oblivious to why he was getting glared at.

Guren sighed surprising Yuu. He was expecting his adoptive father to raise hell like he always did judging from the glares he was getting.

"Get up," Guren said walking over to the armchair and falling into it.

Yuu watched Guren's every move not moving from his current spot on the floor. He was perplexed by his uncharacteristic calmness, especially with the state of his house.

"Sit!" Guren said loudly when he noticed Yuu not moving at all. Yuu scampered off the floor and back to the couch.

"So, Mind explaining what's going on?" Guren asked as soon as Yuu sat down not wasting any more time then he already has.

"What do you mean?"

Guren sighed getting more annoyed by the second. Honestly, he wasn't sure if Yuu was acting dumb or if he actually was really this stupid.

"I mean your sudden change in behavior," Guren explained. "You were doing so well leaving the house every day but now you're right back to where you started. "

Guren paused and looked at the state of his living room. "Only this time you've migrated to my living room."

"...."

"Did something happen at the beach?" Guren asked when he realized Yuu wasn't saying anything.

The word beach brought memories of the kiss back to Yuu causing him to turn a deep shade of red.

"N-No!" Yuu said quickly turning around to hide his face but Guren wasn't oblivious, he noticed.

Guren raised an eyebrow not believing a word and was about to pressure the boy into talking when his boyfriend's words popped into his head.

"Leave him alone. He'll talk to you when he's ready"

He sighed and looked away, "If you say so."

Yuu looked back at the older male surprised he just left his interrogation there. Usually, the man wouldn't leave Yuu alone till he admitted the truth.

Done with the conversation, Guren got up and walked over to their stash of take-out menus and randomly pulls one out. He nodded approving his choice.

"I'm going to change and go pick up dinner," Guren said looking over at the confused boy. "This place better be clean when I get back."

Yuu watched Guren retreat into his room leaving Yuu wondering what the hell just happened.

***

The crimson tailed mermaid eyed the younger male his smirk never leaving his face. He wasn't surprised to see him at all, in fact, he was expecting the blonde to seek him out.

Ferid placed the mug he was holding down and leaned forward on his elbows.

"My has young Mika come to me for help?"